January Layoffs

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The restructure will finally now effect the field force.
    By end of January we will start to see how things are going to play out for the year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man you people just never give up and are never happy. Let it go dude

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, give it up. There are always layoff rumors and none of them ever come to fruition.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have been warned.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know you are just instigating controversy with no credible source to back you up and I feel bad that you are so desperate to seek comfort on CP.
    If you are that insecure about your job or you just want to collect a severance, I am sorry are so miserable. You won't change who you are as a person no matter what response you get. I hope you find some sort of peace from people's responses.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I'll be fine in January. Question is will you be back on here on Feb 1 to apologize? Probably not

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There can't be any reliable source of information. Companies cannot leak layoff information for a variety of reasons. However, many Pfizer lifers recognize THE pattern, not a pattern. Key features of the pattern: temporaries go first, top level execs. tossed and around the holidays. If we are waiting for a major approval from the FDA, failure of that product would be another sign at Pfizer and every other pharm. company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer will layoff whenever the heck they want to. Not sure January makes any sense, but wouldn't be surprised with an April or mid year debacle if the numbers aren't what they want for the stockholders. Bottom line- if your reading this you know it will happen at some point, maybe not January, June, or 2014. Even if you're an eternal optimist, you got to figure it will happen again. When was the last time this company went more than two years without a reorg??? Oh…and when is Celebrex going generic??? How much does that bring in revenue?? It was great they didn't fu*k with people over the holidays again-Thank God for that!! Enjoy the silence while you can.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoff thread.......lame, lame, lame. "Massive layoffs in......." Hey I am going to post this every month.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs are generally done with a 60-90 day lead time to ensure compliance with state laws.

On the other hand, small targeted layoffs don't require a long announcement period.

No big layoffs coming. Small layoffs are always happening. Oncology division laid off people in September without any announcements or news about it. A handful of folks let go while realigning things and adding other positions. This is the way of the new BU structure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oops

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't see how things are playing out?