Bad Managers at Ortho McNeil

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BASIC GOOD MANAGEMENT

Here are 5 great ways to praise your employee:

1. Ask for their help.

2. Ask for their ideas.

3. Create informal leadership roles.

4. Team up on a project or idea.

5. Ask the employee how they like to be rewarded.

Most importantly TRUST them — which is the highest praise of all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow,

Sounds like you are describing a certain large country goofball in San Antonio who likes hearing his own voice and has sublety of bull in a china shop. Now that he is last in the rankings it couldn't possibly be due to him. He is quick to take credit when the going is good. His ego maybe the only thing larger and thicker than him and his accent. Let's just call him TC or Big Country.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One that could give TC or Big Country a run for his ego is RS in Dallas. Also someone with a goofy country demeanor who goes on and on about his sharpshooting exploits. When he starts with that I swear I hear "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen in the background. The world according to RS is that he is always right even when you prove him wrong. Let's not forget he is always the smartest person in the room. He may also be the most religious person on Sundays but forgets his Sunday lesson actually is suppose to apply to every day of the week. I do not think the "Golden Rule" has been taught during his Sunday school lessons.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nobody can top MB in Austin for being such an a&s kisser to his boss-JB

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beth Travado is on the top of the "worst DM" list!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Carmen! HR finally comes through for the reps!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the managers at Ortho, Pricara, Janssen or whatever the hell name they've chosen this year are only out to save their own asses. After several years of being with this company if you cross the wrong person or aren't in the "it crowd" you're basically TOAST!!! I was always told if your #s were good then there is nothing to worry about- what HORSE SHIT!! As long as they consistently document poor performance like...insufficient selling skills or product knowledge; even though you're in the top 15% of the nation. Just keep your opinions to yourself, don't step out of line, give the doctors the message exactly as your manager has requested, kiss as much ass as you possibly can, pretend like it's high school and hang with the cool kids- you may be ok. But then again you may not.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You poor bastard. Your manager actually tells you how to deliver the message? (remember...use your pen to point to the difference in the composite score of nausea/vomiting on page number....) Here's where I vomit....

On the hospital side, we don't count calls or "detail"

We ask questions and customize our message to the needs of the customer. Maybe that's why when we meet with our mutual customers, they tell us that they don't want to meet with you, Mr. Primary Care, because all you can do is open up the slim jim, pull the string, and the canned message comes out..(for all of you born before 1980, that was a reference to toys that had a pull string on their backs that would repeat the same message over and over and over and over. Kind of like Buzz Lightyear, but in a suit, delivers Panera, and makes you want to kill yourself when you hear it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG.....I AM SO GLAD I LEFT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!NIGHTMARE TO END ALL NIGHTMARES>>>>GET OUT OF THIS DUMP NOW>>>EVERYONE LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!IT IS HELL HERE

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen to Mister Hospital rep over there! Many of my hospitals wont even see a pharma rep period! Most of them think YOU...THE HOSPITAL REP is useless. If you want respect go get a device job. To the primary care sales rep....I was in your shoes. My above statement is not geared toward you....it's to the jackass hospital rep that thinks he's all that. Unfortunately, pharma is a bad place to be in right now. To the primary care reps...go out and try to get a device job. I did....I'm sure you can nail it too. It's the cocky hospital reps that think they know all that are skipped over by device companies.
    I'd love to meet the "hospital rep" and show him what a real sales call is like. Your old drugs are just that OLD...refurbished....you add ZERO value and they usually laugh with the residents and fellows after you leave. I've heard it with my own ears...so get off your high horse you loser and before you go trashing the primary care rep keep in mind that you're not thought of to well either!
    LOSER!!!!!!!!