Interview w/Pfizer. help!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I am thinking about becoming a sales rep for Pfizer and would like to work in Rheumatology or Specialty Care. Upon interview, would I get a choice of what division I want to work in, or do they simply just put you where there is a need? Also, I am just trying to educate myself about the current therapies in Rheumatology. I read Pfizer has a product called Enbrel, but is there anything I else I should be aware of?- (so I at least look like I have done my homework on the company when I go in)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shutup. If you had knowledge of the inside, you would know Pfizer will not hire you. Especially, not now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are SEVERAL sales position openings posted on their website.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't want to work for them if you have any brains at all

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude, if you know anything about this industry you know that you can't just walk in for the first time and be a specialty rep (if, indeed, that's what you're thinking about doing).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand that. What DO you need to become a Specialty rep?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Experience, dipshit. Are you serious with this shit. If by some chance you do get a job it will not be in specialty, it will likely be contract and you appear to have just fallen off a turnip truck and you will be a sample dropping moron until reps cease to exist which will be sooner than later. You are about 10 years too late to the party.

Oh and if you need to "at least look like you've researched the company before an interview" and the only thing you know about the RA market is 15 year old Enbrel you have HUGE HUGE issues.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ARGGGGG Please. Somebody make the stupid stop.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You usually need about 5 years experience as a primary care sales rep. (and at least a bachelors degree prior to that). Educating yourself on Pfizer products is a must, as is understanding the basics of RA. You can go to their website and look at their products to get an idea of what is currently on the market (such as Arthrotec and Solu-Medrol) and browse clinical trials to see what drugs are in phase 3 or 4 and/or waiting on FDA approval. Do as much research on the company and their products prior to your interview as you can, since you will not necessarily be placed in Rheumatology right off the bat. They will put you where they need you. Good luck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you 100 yrs old? Arthrotec. Docs want RA patients on a biologic and there are about 7 available between the TNF, B-cell and other available agents ... please get a clue.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, I am a 100 year old sales rep, you fucking idiot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who starts a post with "So I am thinking..."? It's got to be some dumb broad with no experience but all ego thinking her tits will get her an interview for a pharma specialty position.

I'm picturing the twat now.......lol.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A nice smile, slim body and a nice set of G*$# ms! Sex sells!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like CI

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there is any0ne opening there might be 1000 applications and some of those will have experience. If you want to have fun try another field. These jobs stoped being fun five years ago when it was only about making your numbers which could be totally impossible.

your DM tells you that no one can make these numbers but then states if you want your job you have to make them-- That is not a good job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run or really I hope u have better options.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. If you had done your homework, you would know that someone off the street is not going to walk into a speciality position. And by the way, the speciality positions are a whole lot more time behind the wheel with bigger geographies to cover. Remember, this industry has salaried positions - meaning they think they own you day and night.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it from someone on the inside - RUN the other direction.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its true. My bitch is on the road all th time leaving me here to babysit while she is out doing everyone in the state. That is what specialty means here.