CTL= Coaching to Lose

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 23, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is he getting people to leave Merck? That is why he is still with the company. He has no other job responsibility.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the job market slowly gets better you will see more reps leave Merck. It's already happening now. Reps are finding other pharma rep jobs rather quickly and are loving being out of Merck. Merck reps have been tired of these gustapo tactics. Eventually, Merck will be desperate to get experienced and talented reps back but it will be too late.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" Gustpo" wasn't that one of the Marx brothers?
    Many years ago Merck decided to purge all its most experienced reps. All that knowledge and experience and relationships went with them. Who knows, for example, who is on P&T, how to get something on an institutional or hospital formulary, how to work a DOD account, how to even get on a military base and call on the pharmacy, how to work Indian health, who the key influencers in a geography were.....? When I was at Merck, management paid a lot of lip service to working and managing these accounts but I never observed any execution in practice. MGAMS ( or whatever the hell they were) were useless. No one even knew what they were supposed to be doing. They usually called me to access these accounts. I called on multi million dollar accounts, formulary decisions were made that could affect an entire region. Never, ever did a manager ever even darken the door of one of these major accounts with me. I've been gone a while but I would have thought that some managers would now take on some of theses key account responsibilities especially with the threat of layoffs. You would think some of them would want to show greater value. But my bet is that the lazy managers are still just occupying space daily in some reps car, writing up useless field visits, EDP's and PIP's. Merck is so arrogant that they don't even know when they are failing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newsflash!

The job market in pharma sales is shrinking ....it's not getting better!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is shrinking rapidly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. The CTL job is no longer at all related to developing salespeople. It is purely about encouraging people to leave Merck, especially those people that are in the process of becoming much bigger liabilities. Largely, the headcount reduction has been about pension ramifications. Merck has the cash to meet salary requirements, but the future cash flows are looking worse by the day and those pensions would have killed this company if they had gone unchecked.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B-I-N-G-O!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its the rich get richer and poor get poorer. BS....there are plenty here walking away with massive cash hauls. Then you hear about some older reps who are pushed out and left without anything. Some were not even given their retirement bridge and medical, then cut off while their pension was capped off at the penny level.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is nothing short of criminal. The CTLs are willing pawns, nothing more. Not a single one of them got shafted on the way out the door.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, yea...so true!

Some of the CTLs act stunned when they hear about how people they screwed got shafted!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our former manager got canned. He was worthless. Never did anything for reps but he managed to destroy careers. At least one lost out on their pension and retirement benefits. The guy belongs in handcuffs but instead he's in another cushy manager job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen you mental defective if you don't like the environment please leave before you get fired

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fire away, jackass! I don't need Merck anymore, unlike idiots like you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget that the incoming fire we are experiencing without any weapons to defend ourselves is coming from our own field generals rather than the enemy. Pathetic!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The leadership is completely made up of spineless, backstabbing yes folks and more people are hesitant to drink the Merck koolaid anymore. Even people who are safe in Merck are leaving in numbers. This place is a toxic waste dump.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a stink tank of snakes and lizards! Run....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh? Makes no sense.....
    They keeping filling holes in the mozaic.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't be happier to leave my bitch of a manager. Finally out of here

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She's got more time to "coach" others now

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That may be true but some companies that are serious about being successful, like Amgen, are hiring reps with experience in the field, not backstabbers who are doing 2 year rotations trying to move up and be the next douche telling lies on stage.