IPAD - Airwatch already installed and being tracked

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready folks. Go to your settings- General- profiles...you will see "Airwatch" This info is taken from Airwatch website:

Airwatch will monitor:

Device identifier and device username
    Status of the mobile device SIM card
    MAC addresses and device serial numbers
    Phone number, signal strength, cell tower, carrier, IMEI#, and other WWAN attributes
    First and last name and email address of device user
    Data usage through WWAN interface (excluding content)
    Transaction history regarding SMS, email and phone calls, excluding the content of messages and calls.
    Device check-out/check-in: tracking who uses which device as well as the physical status of the device at the start of a shift and then again at the end of a shift
    Tracking of associated device assets, including service plan and associated physical equipment (i.e., cradles, etc.)
    Tracking of applications loaded on the device (excluding content)
    Real-time GPS location tracking and mapping, including analysis of location data and history
    Mobile device remote control, including screen capture.

The portions of the AirWatch software that allow smartphones and mobile devices to be monitored by the AirWatch Console run in the background of the devices. Individuals are notified that these functions may occur, but may not be aware when these functions are occurring in real time. This information is all made available to our Customer via the AirWatch Console for our Customer’s use in accordance with its own business uses. Some of the information AirWatch collects allows us to perform our support obligations.

Let the fun begin..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1)Real-time GPS location tracking and mapping, including analysis of location data and history
    2) Mobile device remote control, including screen capture

These two things are the begining to an end. Screen capture will capture how often you are looking at precall data, every email you do, every website you visit, what time you logged on to the Ipad and even display periods of inactivity. Real time GPS is self explanatory.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut the hell up with your whining and try to WORK! This company is full of a bunch of weak asses who are afraid to put forth any effort!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does this have to do with reps being tracked? Interesting story, but it looks like you're just searching for something to whine about

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One other thing is they have the ability to view the camera at anytime. I have heard that it is to be used during business hours and a gauge to see customers interest in certain pages during a sales call.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Airplane mode

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks RD

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope to god the new CEO takes these incompetent fools in upper management out

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see any airwatch on my ipad

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't see it because it is running behind the scenes. Not as an app. Do you get new data for Vital signs automatically pushed down to your IPAD? Or do new ICONS pop up? Airwatch is the one pushing this remotely to your device. When you download a new app from the shire store you will see it say "Airwatch is installing..."

A profile has been built into the IPAD so therefore there is no app. Like the above poster stated, you can verify airwatch is on your IPAD by simply going doing the following:

1. Settings
    2. General
    3. Under General tab on the left you will see a "Profiles" tab. (At the bottom before Reset button)
    4. Under Profile tab you will see several profiles built. Click on anyone of them and you will see .airwatchportals.com - MDM stands for "Mobile Device Management" and it is the one responsible for tracking GPS, Login, Network access, etc. The other profiles are settings that shire has set up. This is wear screen captures or whatever else they would like to monitor and watch is set up. They can remotely access these applications and change settings, passwords or whatever else.

http://www.mbsdirect.com/current/Apple/iPad/airwatch-enterprise-mdm-for-apple-ios.html

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't see it because it is running behind the scenes. Not as an app. Do you get new data for Vital signs automatically pushed down to your IPAD? Or do new ICONS pop up? Airwatch is the one pushing this remotely to your device. When you download a new app from the shire store you will see it say "Airwatch is installing..."

A profile has been built into the IPAD so therefore there is no app. Like the above poster stated, you can verify airwatch is on your IPAD by simply going doing the following:

1. Settings
    2. General
    3. Under General tab on the left you will see a "Profiles" tab. (At the bottom before Reset button)
    4. Under Profile tab you will see several profiles built. Click on anyone of them and you will see .airwatchportals.com - MDM stands for "Mobile Device Management" and it is the one responsible for tracking GPS, Login, Network access, etc. The other profiles are settings that shire has set up. This is wear screen captures or whatever else they would like to monitor and watch is set up. They can remotely access these applications and change settings, passwords or whatever else.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it mean when it says it expires in a month?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It just means that is when they will update it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why won't airplane mode and common sense be enough?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will it be able to see when I'm at McDonalds drinking my coffee?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, some of you will have to work more than 10 hours a week now that you're being tracked!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Panera has a scrambling system in the building so your safe there.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! GPS jammers are sold everywhere on the internet. Shire won't know I own one of them.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty sure when mgmt can't get a "bite" on you, they will be asking questions.

I actually know of a rep, well he used to be a rep, that rigged his car to jam his GPS. Mgmt sent someone from fleet to look at his car. They found that he intentionally did something to manipulate the GPS...FIRED!!

If they aren't getting a track on you, they will eventually check you. You better hope you didn't do something intentional to block tracking. After all, it is the companies property.

Don't believe me, go ahead and give it a try!