Lifescan - One Touch Verio launched

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the first round? They have had targeted a few but that is about it. What are you predicting?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Verio that much better than Ultra?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10x`s

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10'x?!? How's the water taste?

Fact is this is a me 2 product with slightly better accuracy. It should have to about the same THUD as our "double sure" joke. Gold technology, what a joke... it's like taking a Sh!t in a box and marketing the He!! out of it around here.

The bottom line is we continue to loose share and MC coverage!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only an idiot thinks it will. Between sales, marketing and the retail account manager- managed care group no matter how good it is they will screw it up

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The medical assistants that completed the 8 month program at some medical technical vocational school that hands the patient a meter doesnt know or care about technology, cannont spell hematocrit, wouldn't know a fill error if it knocked her down and the only interferences they know about is in sports. Please all this technical mumbo jumbo doesnt affect the person handing the meter to a patient. Doctors dont care and cde might jump up & get excited but they dont write scripts

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect all they want. when reality bites them in the ass--no body cares about your hematocrit range and your lack of interferences and your no fill error technology--no ohhs and awwws from the medical community on that. patients want cheap, easy to use and drs want no call backs and no time spent with staff explaining something hard to use. if all this crap meant anything than they'd already have 80% of the market. they don't. it is all managed care baby..all managed care thats the name of this tune all day long.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is supposed to care about this? patient of doctor. the patient doesn't know or care and the doctor wants to know which formulary it is on so the office doesnt get a call back from that pesky pharmacist again. are these people at lifescan stupid?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nobody cares if it is titanium technology if it is not covered and if it is not covered then it is not selling then thud

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how much does it cost a cash patient? how many managed care plans is it on? how will you keep it from just getting current base to switch? is it easy enough for a shaky elderly person to perform a test alone? those are the real questions not 10x better than ultra.
    if better really mattered then no one would use roche. if better really mattered then no one would use the walgreens meter. if better really mattered then no one would pick up a novamax but you know what? better doesn't matter. so lifescan designed a ferrari when a ford would take you where you need to go.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Novamax?? Is it mediocre or better than the competition? How is its market share? More importantly, what about cost and managed care coverage (which is truly everything these days). I'm considering interviewing but hardly know anything about Novamax or competitors. Thanks for any help!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to break the bad news to you but Novomax has less than 2% market share and zero managed care coverage. They used to have about a 10% market share but they lost their contract with Medtronic and all that business went to lifescan. This would be a very challenging job for you. I would only take it if you have no other options and need a job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Before you go off about the only product to measure exactly the glucose concentration, you may want to look into how the Freestyle strips work. Google coulometry! This does not sell strips either. Good Luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90% of what you describe above has been in the Contour for a long time already. The Bayer reps have been making that case and it really hasn't helped them in areas where they are not on the MC plans.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice launch Merm.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meredeth? She does not have a clue!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

holy shit, laughing as I read these posts going back two years, thanks whoever bumped it back up. a "premium" test strip is a thing of the past. You guys might as well be working for Smith Corona trying to sell a faster typewriter with a new fangled correction ribbon! Mangaged care does not give a shit if the strip is 95% or 100% accurate, it could be as close to lab quality as you wanna get - all they care about is it being close enough and CHEAP. True2go beat you guys in Consumer reports which just shows what a commodity the whole market has become. You cannot grow marketshare while losing every plan because j&j wont be competitive on price. Maybe the whole sales force will roll out a new ice box that keeps food from spoiling longer between ice deliveries.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meanwhile somewhere out there is Sanofi launching a new niche meter at a premium price and Abbott is about to launch a fancy version of freestyle. It's a weird business. Oh yea, the accuracy thing? Let us know how much market share you gain with that campaign.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing with the last post - as long as a strip and meter meet ISO standards, THAT is all the MCO care about as they negotiate plans and try and manage costs. don't know, but time will tell if i am right or wrong. When you can't turn on the tv without seeing 6 different mail order companies hawking six different generic meters, you know the market has become a commodity. Now the trick becomes selling quality at a good price point, not higher end or more bells and whistles. the failure to adapt is what will be the downfall of Abbott diabetes and lifescan. and Sanofi?? a little late to be jumping into the game isnt it? Good luck with that.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the first sentence, I was sincere in my wondering why Abbott and Sanofi were launching products counter to market trends. It's a head scratcher because I think 99% of meter maids agree with your analysis. With my last sentence, I was just being sarcastic. Everyone cares about accuracy in words, but not in action. You hit the nail on the head.