Artist Looking for Rep Who Can Help

Discussion in 'Northeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Sep 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the right forum. I am an artist, sculptor and painter, primarily, who works with pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical promotional items in my work. I manage to get some things on eBay. I do paintings using the pills and sculptures using the promo items, kind of "assemblage" works that bring together different items like pens and clocks and such.

Would love to find a rep or two that might be able to connect me with some sample pharmaceuticals (maybe expired samples or damaged samples?), as well as promo items like pens, clipboards, clocks, office supplies, etc. Honestly I would take as many of all of the above as possible. I'm aware that such handouts are more limited these days, and certainly wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble, so if something like this would not be possible, that's okay, I respect that.

I know this sounds sketchy, but I would be happy to communicate further and show you my website and any information you'd like to verify that I am an artist. I have no interest in taking the drugs or misusing them whatsoever - I have a family and don't intend to mess around with recreational use at all, that scares me. And if you couldn't do samples, then a box of pens or clocks or posters or whatever would be terrific. The stuff is not cheap on ebay and as an artist times are tough along with everyone else.

I am in Connecticut but would be willing to come to you anywhere in Mass, CT, RI, NY, or NJ at this point, especially if I can get a lot of stuff. If you can help, please email jeffonhct@yahoo.com. Thanks so much.

2. jonhct

jonhct Guest

Re: Artist Looking for Drug Rep Who Can Help

Just a quick thread bump here - still looking and hoping. I know the looking for free samples sounds sketchy - so let me amend and say I am really looking for promo items - clocks, posters, pens, and other odd tzotchkes. I know I can buy these on ebay - but as a starving artist can eat into my budget quick.

Would love to find a drug rep who has an interest in art - and would be willing to trade promotional items for artwork! Thanks...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what you're asking for is completely illegal, and anyone who replies could lose their jobs...and be thrown in jail. That would be the reason no one has responded to your request.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey silly I hear lad off drug reps sell that crap on e bay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't find samples, but you can use google images to get pictures or a book called the PDR Physician Desk Reference has a section full of colored pictures of all the drugs available by the FDA.

Regarding pens, pads etc. you won't find much of that either since the FDA stopped companies from allowing to distribute anything that is not medically related and necessary for the drug.

I don't think people are ignoring you, the market has changed, tens of thousands of people are laid off, the industry is merging and downsizing, and those who still have their jobs are doing the work of several people. It's a mess right now.

Good Luck