Blacklist bad venues

Discussion in 'Northeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2005 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My company sponsored a dinner at the Milleridge Inn for a medical association in Jericho, NY, last night. The minimum for the room was 40 people. They were short eight attendees and the restaurant charged us for them anyway...understandably. When we requested the eight meals to take home, we were told that "that's not the way they do things." They gave us some excuse that the Board of Health would not allow us to take food home from the restaurant. I have never been treated with such a lack of respect from a venue. The banquet manager was unaccommodating and outright rude. She said she didn't care that she was going to lose the business of both our company and the business of the group having the holiday party, as well. Anyone in the area planning to use this venue should beware! Spread the word...

p.s. the service and food left a lot to be desired, also.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you wanted to bring 8 meals home?
    Sharing with colleagues or family?
    Feeding the homeless? If you had half a brain and said that you'd probably be warming up a meal right now.
    That's what gives reps a bad name, loser.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to that poster. All the lying is what gives reps a bad name.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the loser is the one who tried to be helpful with a post, or the one who took the time out to bash it for no reason? Or am I missing something here?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree I am boycotting McDonald's! Those fucks keep screwing me over for toyz in the happy meals I order!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Feeding the homeless? If you had half a brain and said that you'd probably be warming up a meal right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

why shouldn't the reps be able to bring the meals home if they are being charged the restaurant is taking advantage because they know the rep is up a creek - you are an ass muncher!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some bad ones to add to the list for Boston:

Locke Ober and Spire...Rialto in Harvard Square on the other hand is terrific along with The Harvest.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, If if was me, I would be bringing the food to a local homeless shelter. I Paid for much of my wedding catering, and at the end of certain jobs I would ask If I could take the leftover food with me. I would then stop by a homeless shelter in Jersey City (NJ) and give the food to whoever was working the late night shift. I can't tell you how appreciative they were. The homeless that were in the shelter, were happy because it was always something different and unexpected, as they did not get food at 11pm or 2am normally.
    I am sure it would look good to the Dr's that you were entertaining, if you said that you wanted to bring the food to a local shelter. A thoughtfull rep-- go figure.
    (Yeah, I'm sureI have a few spelling errors, but Oh Well, you still get my point)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DO NOT USE THIS CATERER IN NEW JERSEY
    Do not use Mamma Mia's Catering dba Personal Touch Caterers, 148 Porter Street, Hackensack, NJ. I ordered a lunch for an office with a special shrimp dish for my physician (the dr only eats seafood). Would you believe that they left the shrimp dish for the physician but stopped off at the seafood market at the food store and bought the dr a plastic bag of steamed shriimp wrapped in seafood paper. :0 The dr was very upset and the office staff could not stop laughing at the irresponsible and unclassy decision as to pick up seafood from the fish dept of the local food store. So...how did this happen you ask? The caterer told me that they were trying to save themselves gas and did not want to go back to pick up the original dish that they left in Hackensack so they figured they would save a buck (oh, did I mention that the tab for the lunch was $175, which included $15 for the shrimp meal and a $36 delivery charge)! Unbelieveable! I had to change my plans around to go to a great restaurant to pick up something edible and presentable to the dr as to make it up to him. Would you believe the owner (John) told me that they did what they thought was right and that maybe my tastes are a little too much for them as caterers. Also, the bastard told me that maybe "we are not your kind of caterer". I agreed with him. I told him that I would make my colleagues aware of their horrific customer service and business practice-he told me that if I had the time to do so then go ahead! So...here it is...it only took a few minutes to type this but hopefully someone will not waste their time and money on a business that does not right their wrongs! I don't know which was worst-their bad decision to bring my physician the $5 bag of shrimp after they made the mistake of leaving it or the way that the owner handled bad decision. So do not waste your time with Personal Touch Caterers-the food and service suck!
    Funny but their motto says "Passionatley Committed to Quality Food and Service." I guess the owner forgot about this part of his motto. They are very inconsiderate and this has to be the worst catering experience that I have had over my 3 year tenure as a rep.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the fuck would you expect in New Jersey!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most offices in the Hackensack area refuse lunches from this caterer. They are even worse then described above.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't use them anymore. They screwed me about 4 times

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next time try the Blue Moon Cafe out of Englewood (NJ). I have had nothing but wonderful experiences. BTW: try the fajita lunch; they go NUTS over make your own food and some of these receptionist cows can't get enough!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, thank you for the tip.. I will never use them...

Second, how rude of the doctor to be "upset" by the FREE lunch he was getting... Sometimes I cannot stand doing lunches, which is why I try to keep it to a minimum of 2 or 3 per month... He should have been thankful at all that he did actually get a lunch brought in for him...and his STAFF! Some of these offices are just unbelievable... *tsk, tsk* I wouldn't bring that office lunch again if I were you...

Here's a good NJ caterer:

Encore Catering
    www.encorecateringnj.com Always fresh, on time, lots of choices, affordable.... Good luck out there!! :eek:)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, Mother Teresa. Aren't you the socially concious do-gooder. The problem with people like you is that they need to tell us about how good they are. I'll bet it killed you to post anonymously.
    PS; Is your arm long enough for your own back-patting?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Restaurants are not supposed to give out food to bring home, thats why they throw it out and dont give it to the homeless. A nice restaurant will strategically place food in a clean way near or in the garbage for the homeless to take it...But the Millridge were being asses they could easily have given you the food. They probably ate it or took it home with them. You are right to be mad...boycott is definitely warranted.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suggest next time you might have problems meeting the minimum you discuss solutions up front with restaurant.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You simply should get what you pay for. Even if it's on a corporate card. They still make their profit whether they serve it on a plate or in a to go container. Plus, the staff is still getting tipped for not even having to serve eight people. Its really not up to them who gets to eat the food that you are paying for.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is probably the way you asked for the eight meals that triggered the incident. The Health department may have a rule for off premise catering that they could have overlooked for you.

Important when dining out-keep your mouth shut because the customer is only made to look right but the staff has a way to get the last laugh when you are on your way out the door. You cant see what is going on in the kitchen. The Millerage Inn has been in business for a long time and is always busy. They realy do not need your business and any of your friends. Clearly not the way to go with that one. Be extra nice to the people who handle your food

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rather than bad restaurants or caterers I think we should change this to offices that take advantage of lunches, could give a shit who brings them, and maybe get you two minutes with the doc.