MC, Onset field rides

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something tells me that you've been here way longer than I have. For you to come here and defend anything that is rolled out to us tells me that you're one of the ones rolling it out. If you're not, you're deathly afraid of losing that $90K salary for those 4-6 hour work days in favor of one of the new 20-somethings who get hired at $65K

Can't see that happening yet? Well what makes you think that you defending the company will lead to these very goals that you just posted about going down? They won't go down. There is no relief. You are responsible for hitting them. When you miss them, you will have to explain that 4-6 hour work days are not enough.

I work a full day, jerk! I always have. It's people like you who bring us down. People like you with connections throughout the company who can shit on the ones who haven't been here as long as you. You complain to the select few who you trust then pose as a company apologist when someone posts something that could shine a light on why you should be gone. Nothing to see in your territory, right? If you are a Senior or an Executive, you should be fired yesterday if you miss as many as 2 months in a row.

It angers me that i've been here between 3-5 years. I do the same job as you but your salary is over $25K more than mine. Since I've arrived, I'm hitting as many or more months as one of the lifers in my region. A lifer like you who complains to one or two people in our region and many more outside our region but tries to take the high road when our manager is around or when we're at meetings. You fit right in as one of the many fakes who work here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's been interesting reading the banter back and forth between the two of you. But I'm a little confused by some things you are saying.
    1. I don't get the impression that this person is an apologist. Instead, she/he seems to be frustrated at the complaints from teammates. I can relate to that. We all support each other, but there comes a point when enough is enough.
    2. I don't understand why you spend the energy being angry at the salary of other people. What they make is what they make, and what you make is what you make. No locks on the door if you aren't happy. If you are unhappy with your income, then do something about it.
    3.I don't see she/he defending the rollout of anything. The work is what the work is, right? This seems to tie into your feeling that they are an apologist; we can all be happy or unhappy about work conditions, but we ultimately control our own feelings or happiness.

Either way, both of you come across as having alot of anger associated with work. Remember that it's just a job, nothing more.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've finished 3 cups of coffee at my desk while reading these threads since I arrived at my office at 7:00. This thread cracks me up.

MC on field rides. I used to work with Matt years ago. Same Region. Same position as AM's. I didn't last too long at Orapharma due to a better opportunity so I left within 2 years. Let me say this and let me be clear. I've seen him work. I've seen him play. He's dirty at both! Talk about actions that should lead to termination! If there was a whistle blower back then, he would be in jail. Remember those group dinners in town, Matty? Dr.Who?

If this guy is doing co-travel days with you, try to program your brain to go numb for 8 hours because you won't learn how to sell ethically. He knows all the shady tricks and was always fudging his numbers. He is a cutthroat, used car salesman. He's likely evaluating you to build a case against you.

I'm surprised to come here after all these years and read what terrible hands the company has fallen into.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post of the year. All true.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love when people start a post by saying they are no longer here. These people must be miserable at their current jobs to be visiting CP and to be insulting MC or anyone else for that matter, tells me you are jealous that someone you once worked with is at a higher position than you are, wherever you are. Who would throw a previous colleague under the bus who hasn't worked with him in years? Leave the MC bashing for those that work here. The truth is you probably couldn't hack it here and you left for a position that is now on the verge of being eliminated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha... I wasn't looking to generate a war of words with anyone here. Just sharing some experience I've had with many other people lucky enough to feast on the gross neglect from your leader. I'm guessing that you remember some of those nights and those bar tabs as well.

I'm not too sure about your jealous comment or about being miserable but you're right about his position being higher than mine. I'm still a field sales rep selling in a B2B arena and he's a NSM but I have something that he's lost years ago. Integrity, honesty, and my soul. Not to mention my reputation. lol! Good luck to you! I hope that you all get a semi new product to sell very soon. Arestin is what, 11-12 years old? Orapharma can't be finding quality people willing to step in to sell a product that old, can they?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a 3 year sales job. Make money 1st 2 years then leave.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is definitely my plan, although I hope that Valeant doesn't implode before I can take my money and run

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What money? Like most in my region, I barely qualify for a bonus.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else's Onset goals just ridiculous? Ugh

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New comp plan looks awesome! So excited for 2015

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The product is way too expensive and 80 % of it gets thrown out. They need to figure this product out because they will start blaming sales people for not selling their huge poor investment

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "you can't sell any Onset so you're getting 'laid off'" has already begun. Yesterday actually. If these fools think newbies can move as much Arestin as a veteran OPH rep, I think they might be sorely mistaken.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Good luck with sending in a new person with no relationship with the customer. Maybe if they lower the price by half and hire a used car salesman. Matt couldn't sell this stuff. I'd like to see him go in the areas he is firing people and give it a try.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ps- I think you meant fired not layed off

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, fired or forced to leave against their own will. But at least they are getting some sort of severance, right? And yes, I would LOVE to see Coggin out there selling Onset. Would be quite comical

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would keep that arrogance in check - the 'newbies' were the ones growing in 2014, not most of us.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name them! Or at least the territory, please. This is how your arrogance as a lifer manager shows up in spades. Stop using these people to pressure the field.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "newbies" meaning the inVentiv contract sales force? Those reps that weren't good enough to be direct hires in the first place? OraPharma doesn't want to roll them over to legitimate reps, yet they're still working themselves to death for have of our pay. The few that have survived the layoffs should find a legit pharma job & earn some respect. I actually feel sorry for them....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no clue about how or why they are here in the first place. Are you also saying there's no respect in selling these products? Why does anyone respect you then, assuming you are an "OFFICIAL" Orapharma rep? Your ego gets in the way of your thinking. Feel sorry for yourself, and your self-righteous attitude. Given the effort put forth, I would gladly take alot of the inVentiv folks over some of the 'tenured' elite.