Vaccines Division

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you mind sharing your background and your base offer?

I got contacted by recruiter but he couldn't provide any numbers at our time of discussion.

Thanks in advance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a couple Vaccine posts in my area. Are these new or existing territories?!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered, but declined. My research told me this division is ran like primary care and same pay scale.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What position were you offered? Location?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's BS. What position did you turn down? You would have known it was a lateral when you posted. Stop making things up.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoke with someone after offer given. They provided info on the job "real world"...you are primary care in Pfizer's eyes. Hence why salaries are so low, bonus is low, company car choices are lousy. If you need a job, take it. I didn't need one and felt I could do better.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't make tons of money but the reality is you won't work too hard either. Recommendations drive the business and Prevnar just got them. In most states it's not a sales job....it's a service job. Check inventory and place an order. Anyone telling you different is just lying or delusional. Why do you think they are not considered specialty....it's not even sales!!! Not a bad gig for the money and security.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what the base range is..Is it around 20% more than current base? What's total take home pay?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90K is about max.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No u shouldn't expect a 20% raise. If your base is 50k maybe. Why would u ask such a dumb question? U should go away i think.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course you will get 20% more. Pfizer is always giving out 20% bumps in salary. You will also get a Lexus for a company car, an unlimited expense account and hooker money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are these vaccine positions existing or new territories?!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$90k max for base alone or total take home??! I call BS on base alone.. Recruiter I spoke with said range is from $70k-$80K.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They look at current salary...this person probably makes more than you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a DM I can tell you it doesn't matter how much the person makes-it's what the company is willing to pay. I had great candidate who wanted to come here (not recently), and the company offer was a joke. When I presented it to him I told him he was nuts if he accepted it(he was employed and not desperate for a gig). He thanked me and obviously refused it. In this day and age the company is in the drivers seat. They do not have to overpay to get a qualified candidate. People need jobs-and the company knows it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, DM, for your info. All that you said, I already suspected. But what if you had a 6 figure salary, but are currently unemployed and willing to take a cut in pay? Would companies still consider you, or would they just write you off anyway?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on the DM if he wants to consider you and the RM throws his/her two cents in after you meet with them. If they like you they offer you the gig. LOTS of people in this industry are taking less money now-it's the nature of the beast. This is especially true for older reps. If you have an option you are probably better off looking outside the industry. You may be in the same boat 3-5 years from now. Vaccines is doing well but you just never know with Pfizer. There could be a sale or merger or downsize for whatever reason down the road and all bets are off. If you are willing to take less money you're probably better off starting over doing something else. I know this is a pretty easy gig, but career longevity ain't what it used to be. Good luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started looking elsewhere bc of the reasons above. I came in at $75K which is crap. Why not pay everyone the same base? We do the same work each and every day!! half of my team are older reps and make a shit load than I do.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Y bother taking something that low? U may as well work for a small company without all the f'n hassle pfizer puts u through! U can get that w a small drug company with a much larger bonus! I'm in vaccines and I know i deserve much more in bonus than they give out. ill be looking elsewhere after the year is up.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buts that the point isnt it the older reps make more cuz they worked the syetem and grew it slowly over time. This division is one of the few that will allow that - growth over time because of a good pipeline and products that wil not go generic so settle in and enjoy the journey.