35 laid off in Western Division alone today (6/13/13).

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that Corporate and other areas of the company were hit hard today.

But 35 were laid off in the Field Sales & Operations Group in the Western Division alone:

Technicians: 13
    PCCs: 9
    RT: 4
    RT/PCCA: 2
    PCCA: 2
    CSR: 2
    Warehouse: 1
    DOM: 1
    DSM: 1

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of the Western Division?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I HEARD PA AND NJ NM AND KY LOST A BUNCH OF PEOPLE. MORE PEOPLE TOMORROW. TOMORROW KRIS CANE GRACES US WITH HIS COMFORTING WORDS. TELL US KRIS HOW WE ARE ALL IN THIS DAMN CHAIN AND WE ARE STRONG WITH EVERY LINK. PLEASE TELL US HOW WE WILL REMAIN FIERCE AND GO ONWARD. PLEASE TELL US ALL THE WONDERFUL STORIES. SOMEONE WROTE IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT THE PEOPLE WHO POST ON HERE ARE SPINELESS, WELL MR SUPERVISOR OR WHO EVER YOU ARE. WHO IS SPINELESS NOW? INSTEAD OF LETTING PEOPLE KNOW AHEAD OF TIME YOU BRING THE WORLD CRASHING AROUND THEM INSTEAD OF WITH DIGNITY AND BEING HONEST. SO FUCK YOU MR KANE AND ALL YOU CORPORATES, JUST PLAIN FUCK YOU.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's time for hard decisions to be made...Companies must remain profitable for the majority to remain employed. If the company fails everyone looses their jobs and our patients will suffer. Be thankful that you kept your job and focus on the patients. Once we turn this ship around and become profitable the company will recreate some of the jobs recently lost. Use some logic before hopping on a forum and posting inflammatory comments.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

REGRETTABLY GOOD PEOPLE LOST THEIR JOBS. YOUR POSTS ARE EASY TO IDENTIFY...CANT SPELL THE CEOS NAME AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS...YOU SEEM SO UNHAPPY THAT U SPEND PERSONAL TIME ON HERE COMPLAINING AND SPREADING RUMORS, QUIT DO THE COMPANY A FAVOR AND THE COMPANY CAN USE YOUR SALARY ON SOMEBODY WILLING TO USE THEIR TIME ON PRODUCTIVE TASKS. YOU QUESTION THE PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED PROMOTIONS, DO SOME SELF REFLECTION. NO COMPANY NEEDS CANCEROUS PEOPLE LIKE YOU, JUST GO.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This shows exactly what this company thinks of patient care! They have numerous "people" with VP status and made up titles that could have been let go and saved literally millions of dollars, but they chose to terminate the people that take care of the patients. I hope to god all referral sources see this and stop referring any patients their way.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many are being laid off in Corporate?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think this company is going to stay afloat, then I have a bridge to sell you. PPS is the Titanic and the iceberg has already been stricken. It's not a matter of "if" it will sink only "when." Their reputation is shot and the damage cannot be fixed.

And if you think this company cares about patients or people, I've got another bridge to sell you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Corporate smuck.....is this what you tell yourself before you go to sleep at night? Once your job is cut, you will be on here posting horrilbe stories about PPS too....wake up and smell the coffee....this company is one layoff from shutting down.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FWIW - you can slam PPS all you want, I'm glad I still have a job (for the moment, as it may be) but I still need to make the best of it and do provide help to patients as best as I can. That is just my nature. With the medicare cuts every health care service provider is impacted, not just PPS. If you can change government that would be the best thing you can do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are serious about helping patients, then I'd look for somewhere else to work. I was one of the most patient-centric PCCs in the company and it got me put out on the street. The blood sucking PCCs are the ones still with jobs because they will do anything to get business, which ironically is why the FBI came calling in March 2012. Not all the PCCs are money grubbers, but the majority of the ones I met do this job for one thing: the money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why don't you go the them and prove it, there is yet a PCC to do that. Sounds like you got what you deserve.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did I touch a nerve? I'm sure the FBI just pulled PPS' name out of a random drawing, right?

I did get what I deserved: a seat on a lifeboat off of the Titanic.

Nice grammar, by the way.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The news of no more cpaps is a cost cutting move as well. Most every cpap or cpap product has to be purchased and PPS may be on credit hold with certain vendors. PPS probably has tons of 02 equipment that has been returned but if their patient base was growing could not afford to buy any new equipment. PPS needs to expand its clinical offerings instead of shrinking it down to one last product. This is a prime example of a sales heavy company that has not ever bothered to look at the future. Now it looks like a slow ride until the end. How many setups are coming in compared to 2006?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens to the business while it's under investigation? That depends, says Wayne van Halem, president of the van Halem Group. "They can still operate as they normally would if there has been no administrative action taken against them or there's been no civil action taken saying they must cease operations." If it's at a point where the FBI is seizing documents, they have some evidence, he says. "One of their administrative remedies is to suspend their payments and still operate but they are not going to get paid. They would still submit claims and those payments would go into an escrow account."

This may be where some of their money is going and why they are getting out of the sleep business. I think that you are correct in assuming that their credit may no longer be good with some vendors.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Kane and farmer show it what put PPS in this position their GREED and MISMANAGEMENT along with the incompetent people that are suppose to collect the documention,,,,,in order for the document support team to qualify the patient for this service.....if that was done correctly PPS wouldn't have lost so much MONEY.....and TEIJEN got PLAYED.....SUCKERS.....MAY THOSE EMPLOYEES THAT LOST THERE JOBS IN TEMPE AND THOSE WHO ARE HANGING IN THERE....TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN AND DO NOT USE PPS on your RESUME....YOU WILL PREVAIL.....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Jim Doty still have a job? Wasn't he the genius behind Peak Sleep? The resources wasted on that money pit, which begs the question; what does senior management even do anymore besides sit around drinking Peete's coffee and deciding who to lay off next? A good job if you can get it I suppose.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad thing about this company is, the people who are responsible for the company's demise, do not care. They receive an unbelievable salary, then just walk away when it sinks. They don't give a damn about the patients, just the money.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of lifes great mysteries...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone laid off in northern nv