October field sales layoffs/reorg

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"gs up os down" has to be one of the best comments on this board, EVER.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me they will be downsizing managers!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not think there are going to be layoffs, managers are hiring people

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will field sales be affected?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"G's up Hoes down". Thank you. - snoop

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are delusional.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don"t think anyone on this board really knows what is going to happen!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing is going to happen. No layoffs. There will only be hirings. Relax and look forward towards the Holiday season.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I figured this was all joke to get everyone scared and I was right.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amazing how naive some of you are and i hope you are just being sarcastic..."just hiring"
    that is the best joke i have heard in some time..it is happening period. I and others do know.
    other than that cant say much...just hope they do it at the end of the month so you get the 3 paychecks this month...if no so be it. In the meantime go out there and drive around on their dime..do some final lunches on their dime and start applying elsewhere..the money this company pays is shit comparatively so dont get too worked up if you are one of the one's on the list....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that you "cant say much" right now tells me you know NOTHING! You dont even know when it was going to happen in October,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need to handle the running backs differently this week. We need to create a mismatch with the linebacker.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They just can't always cut cut cut. Somewhere down the line there has to be people to do the job. Only get nervous if the person is part of IT. But that too have been cut all the way down.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last time they had layoffs, they had a hiring freeze, no money for lunches, no travel etc. I can tell you many positions are being filled and DMs, RMs are still traveling and reps can still do lunches. Sorry no indication of any layoff.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure the 300+ at home office that got laid off in May were experiencing "business as usual" conditions as well. The October layoff has been discussed for as long as the May 15th layoff - why are so many people in denial that this is happening? Do we know the full impact? No, of course not. But I'll put money on an upcoming DM meeting occurring later this month at home office. Oh wait, that's already scheduled. Hmmmm.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have 4 reps, where our completion has 2. I think there is plenty of room to cut

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about some 'transparency' on what's going on in October Alcon?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To those soon to be affected- I promise you if you get laid off it will be the best thing
    that will happen to you. I was a May cut. Ended up with a great position out of Pharma
    with a fantastic work/life balance. To be treated with respect (sign on bonus:)) rewarded for thinking creatively
    & not forced to deal with a complete moron for a manager .. I swear it was almost like being deprogrammed after the horrendous mess Alcon had become.

Curious where my runt of a manager will end up as Alcon is all this jerk knows.
    Shit is about to get real you pigmy and a degree from a southern baptist university
    doesn't count for squat outside of Alcon.