Wow, is it really that bad?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need a job and PSS has one. Still though, I am amazed on how every word on this thread seems to bash the company. There's not one good thing to say? Is anyone actually successful and making money? It has to be better than no job, no money, and dodging the mortgage company, right? Someone please lie to me and tell me it's not so bad. If not tis company, where else should I look for this type of work? Maybe hospice sales? I hear that one is tough as well. I wonder which hurts more to suffer through?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is that bad, and getting worse. 8 out of the top 10 sales reps have resigned the past 7-8 months. (some were there over 10 years) If you do take a job here, you won't last. They will come in and fire you for "non production" even if you have only been there 3 months. (they will can you before your 90 days) They play this game so certain regions can hit budget and the corporate VP'S can receive their bonus. Look at home health or pharma/surgical sales. PPS is truly the bottom of the DME chain. They make Rotech and Lincare look like sesame street.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you can easily take the job, be miserable for a few months, get fired so some VP can make their numbers, then go on unempoyment. If you have absolutely no income right now go for it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Something is better than nothing. Look at it as a stepping stone as you continue your job search.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But be prepared to be more miserable than you have ever been in your working life, unless of course you have ever been a slave in an African diamond mine.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said all! Yes....it really REALLY is that bad. Run fast and run far. Do NOT put yourself through the misery plus do you really want to have your reputation associated to a company that is under both Medicare and FBI investigations currently? Look somewhere else. Flipping burgers would be better than this hell hole.

7. Ask your recruiter to speak to an employee(s) currently in the position. There are a lot of comments on this site that are not objective. You will see this as many posters will negatively piggy-back on this post. You will never get balanced opinions here. Best of luck to you and your career search.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure....or just talk to their recruiter. They will sell you the bill of goods and you'll be more miserable than you can ever imagine. I am a completely impartial party but someone who does know about this unethical cesspool.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh sure, because a recruiter doesn't have an interest if they fill the position with your naive ass, right?

What's wrong with you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A typical response from corporate. They are so desperate to fill positions, they will try anything. Problem is, EVERYONE knows their reputation. They have dumped on so many people the only people who will defend them are the corporate cronies mentioned in previous post.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or just ask the Mid-Manager who is trying to convince you to take this job the following questions:

1) What is the turn-over at this position?
    2) How long did the last person in this position last?

If they give you an honest answer you will probably run like hell.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All very good advice and information. Yes it is all true about PPS. The turnover is high the pay is not and risking your reputation is not worth it. Look elesewhere.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Yes it is. Run for the hills as fast as you can. This is an absolute horribly unethical company that does not care about its employees. I worked in the revenue office for a year before they terminated me, I'd say I lasted longer than most. I assume you have experience in sales (I however do not) but save yourself the trouble--consider using them as a stepping stone until you find another job. Don't get comfortable. I know nothing about sales, only that PPS' reputation sucks major dxxx and I'm ashamed that they appear on my resume! Dare I suggest the controversial field of pharmaceuticals? I know they get a bad rap too, but nothing can be as bad as PPS. Good luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It IS that bad, I heard that some of the DM'S are calling some of the old reps who have been gone for awhile and promise them big salaries to come back. Problem is, it is all a lie. They can't pay big salaries because they are not making money. Problem is, a rep believes it, leaves a decent job, just to find out it was a lie. I hope no one falls for this typical PPS BS!!! They are the bottom of the barrel and they are not trying to make it any better. EGO's are too big. Nothing will get better until the V.P.'S AND CEO are gone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mean, you deliver lunches, how bad can it be?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deliver all the lunch you want to, but you will STILL NOT hit your numbers they give you, and you will be fired. It is that simple. THAT is why 8 of the top 10 reps have left in the past 6 months! BTYE BYE Cain and all the other crooks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its really not that bad. i mean yes the company is shit. lots of PCCS are money hungry.. Shantanu!!!!! and the DOMS are only out to those bonus, its all about money money money and numbers. i will say i have worked in some really really bad bad places. this is by far the best and that is saying a lot. i think they should quit getting people off the streets, putting them in positions of power and then they pretend to konw what they are doing but dont and then start screwing things up. only because they dont train them right. or the person training is only concerend about money.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: what happend to kirk johnson???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows that when the big wigs say that they dont know the FBI raided PPS but come on man. I know tons of people that have brought up OMAHA and TX. get real. dont lie, we are all aldults. enough is enough. Kirk had a office we up in a Psychiatrist office. Patients would come in and the doctor set it up to where he would give pretty much anyone O2. They always testing the patainet the same way. 88@ at rest on room air. funny how all those patinet all tested the same way. This isnt someting new. and when it was brought up to ALLLLL and i mean AALLL the supervisors along with people who were recently promoted, it was looked away. how many Psychiatrist do you know order oxygen?? really. So when the new system rolled out a few years ago people started to call him out on his shit and questions things. Those accounts got pushed throught UNTIL recerts were needed. and UNTIL the FBI started rolling in. So a ton of accounts that were set up by this Psychiatrist were put on hold and audits and equipment was picked up. This isnt some big secret. everone knows this. EVERYONE!! so what happend next?? Well rumor has it. that Kirk was asked to resign so the company could play it dumb like durrrrr i dont know what happend. so he know he was facing jail time. then last year a really sad rumor started. supposely Kirks father called in and said he needed to talk to HR to obtain kirks finanical paper work because he has taken his own life. This isnt a joke and its not poking fun. this is real life. This is where i become disgusted. Tons of reps informed managment. LOTS LOTS OF COMPLAINTS. dont be shocked. revenue reps knew. management and corporate reps knew. tehre is no doubt about that. now your going to sit there and say mr. CEO that you know know why we are being audited and raided?? come on. enough is enough. CLEAN HOUSE!!! trainers are shit. They dont know the job. its almost impossible to move up in the company. Positions are being posted and people definitly apply but the only ones that get the job are ass kissers and dick suckers. show some skin you will probably get hte job. I cant even being to tell you about the Lexington care center. Those people are actually getting physically iill from the building its self. people were being admitted to the hopsital for ...get this......respirtory issues. It was compltely sweep under the rug. When a rep came in that had merca. no one was made aware if it hadnet been for the reps themselves. im angree and pissed that the world is nothing but greedy sneaky douche bags leading us..

totally agree

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wonder how long until tejin shuts that place down?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't be soon enough.