Publicis replaced us......

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unreal!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct - it is not real. Why post this at all?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh sweetie...you didn't see that coming? It was very clear to see and I am a B rep!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B's know the deal.......let's hope Publicis offers a gig to the B's wanting a job and able to take the lower income. After all they do the products!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All pharma going contract ..it is the future. No severance, lower pay . The part timers don't even get benefits or vacation. I think they are over worked and under paid. I feel like the future in pharma is done. I am seeking a different path. Tough age I am at though. Best to all

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad but true. If you are a rep, you desperately need to plan carefully for your professional career and future. Don't be stupid, be smart. If you haven't already, plan your exit strategy before Merck does it for you.

Let's face it, this company is in turmoil. Its no secret that they will continue to make further cuts while hiring on contract reps to replace you. None of these late stage products, that we hope will make it to market, are blockbusters. I have no faith in the organization any longer because Merck has demonstrated that I am of no value to them any longer after 19 years.

Be a responsible steward of our future especially if you have loved ones depending on you for support.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you sign the separation package you cannot be rehired or obtain any position selling a Merck product. Contract or otherwise.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but you can sell Symbicort or Advair.

:)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told contract sales doesn't look good on your résumé. Any thoughts?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many contract convert to full time. Some like it for personal reasons and stay longterm. But many consider it a temporary position. In fact contract workers are part time and have the flexibility to interview.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Raised my hand and ready to go. Nearly 20 years with the company (my entire adult life) and have decided I have more to offer in the world. Most of all I am hoping to be the kind of parent to my children I want to be (they are young and most important) and perhaps pursue a job that is really something I love. Raising my hand was not a decision I took lightly. It was gut-wrenching quite honestly as I have had a pretty stellar career with the company. However, mentioned many times on this board already, Merck is not the company it used to be. There is no guarantee my hand-raising will be accepted I know. Good luck to all!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably for the best. You wouldn't want the contract position, a full time job with part time pay. Hold out for something better. Good luck!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you saying????????
    Regular reps being offered contract??????????
    Work it well and become a regular rep again???????

OMG say it ain't so!!!!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get off your high horse. You "regular rep" are no different than a contract rep. You are no better. We all do the same job. The contract reps were all "regular reps" like you at one point too. This is the way the industry is, honey. Deal with it! No difference between contract rep and "regular rep" anymore. The contract reps can say "sign here" just like you can.