Cognizant inks deal with AstraZeneca

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cognizant inks deal with AstraZeneca
    PTI, 30 Nov 2011 | 07:08 PT

IT firm Cognizant has inked a multi-year agreement with pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca to deliver comprehensive biostatistics and medical reporting services.
    IT firm Cognizant has inked a multi-year agreement with pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca to deliver comprehensive biostatistics and medical reporting services for generating clinical study reports.

No financial details, however, were disclosed. Under the agreement, the IT firm will provide centralized statistical programming, statistical analysis, medical writing, and document publishing services across the entire chain of clinical data reporting from case report forms to clinical study reports, Cognizant said in a statement.

This will enable AstraZeneca to increase operational efficiency, reduce cycle times, and optimize costs, it added.

AstraZeneca will continue to own and manage key scientific and medical activities associated with the design of clinical trial programme, and the interpretation of data from them.

"Cognizant will help us streamline our clinical development operations. This is key to our business transformation aimed at achieving greater efficiency, agility, flexibility and global competitiveness - all of which are crucial to clinical trials and development of new drugs," AstraZeneca VP and Head of Clinical Development Karin Wingstrand said.

The agreement further expands the services that Cognizant provides to AstraZeneca.AstraZeneca first engaged Cognizant in 2004 to provide business process and technology solutions spanning discovery, clinical, manufacturing, and commercial operations.

Since 2008, Cognizant has also been providing centralized data management services for AstraZeneca's global clinical development programmes and application maintenance services in the areas like research, clinical development, and sales and marketing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read closely:

This will enable AstraZeneca to increase operational efficiency, reduce cycle times, and optimize costs, it added

More outsourcing. More gigantic paydays for the executives. Fewer jobs.

The poo bahs are simply milking the tit for all she's worth. You, AZ employees are fired, replaced by people for 1/2 your cost. We'll find a way to justify another pay increase and stock option grant, and pillow in our parachute for the eventual crash that will come because the patents are going away and we can't find any new drugs.

Or any new XL, combo or combinations to ram down the US public's throat.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm calling a "They don't have a clue" on this one. Our senior executives value glitz over substance, and obviously don't know enough to probe a little below the surface to realize that they've committed the future of the company to lemons and not lemonade, as have so many other companies in the US. Quality people cost $$, have quality educations and on the whole produce quality results, and are worth more to the company than AZ is willing to pay them (except for the executives who just love their bonuses that they award amongst themselves) and they've opted for the cheap "I'm a very confident professional, look at how well presented I am, but please don't ask me any technical questions, and thanks for being culturally sensitive" solution. I have seen this again and again and again and.... in my own experience (and I do have one of those quality educations but won’t here tell how highly ranked it is). Cognizant is an Indian-based company, yet India has only ONE university/college/institute ranked in the world's top 400 for 2010-2011!!! The Times Higher Education supplement for 2010-2011 published their rankings recently (regarded as the premier ranking source) and the top Indian institution is ranked between positions 301-350 (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay). The top Chinese university is ranked 49th (Peking University). Take a look at how many US universities / institutes are in the top 20, and that would be FOURTEEN and these ranking are produced by a British source. It's now just a matter of time before the first clinical trial reporting / FDA submission disaster. Do we have any senior executives who are committed to more than just focusing on the next quarter's numbers and their own bonuses? Those who work in a technical field – and who are not educated in India / China - will be best positioned to know of what I write. Good luck to all those at the HO and in the field. We all deserve a lot better than this from the turkeys who are driving this company into the ground while lining their own pockets at she sinks. The way I see it is that they're doing us a favor, and while it will be tough for many for a while who will be separated, believe in yourself, don't give up, and find a better career choice with a company that values quality over cheap (and dim witted) for yourself and your families. They're out there and good luck! I know you can do it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't care.

The doctors don't want to talk to even another MD representative. They have their job to do and which statin to pick is not really important the prescriber in the conversation, only the representative.

You're narcissist outlook needs to change. If you land on your feet after getting fired and get a job that actually requires that you produce something, you won't like salespeople interrupting you any more than the doctors do. For example, say you purchase 6 cars every year for your new company's fleet. That's 1.2 million, about the dollars a big prescriber writes every year. Do you want a sales call once a week from every major car manufacturer with something to sell? How about if they ask you stupid questions and try to lead you to a canned answer? Or what if they show you the same computer commercial each time, customizing it based on another canned set of preliminary questions? what if sometimes they bring in their supervisor? Huh?

You'd hate it and wouldn't put up with the shit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is the AZ way - and so, it continues

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, AstraZeneca has decided to do business with Cognizant, an unethical company. Cognizant employs unethical folks -- in one instance I know of they promised four people jobs in the Bay area. Used all kinds of high pressure tactics. When they arrived there was no real job--Cognizant misrepresented that they had a contract with Genentech when, in fact, they did not.

Ethical companies stay away from Cognizant; and contractors should beware. Cognizant is a snake in the grass. They employ liars to suck you in, and you very well could get burned by their falsehoods. Stay away from Cognizant or, shall I say, be Cognizant of the unethical company that Cognizant is.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where have you been? We've been doing business with COG for years! Why do you think your IT services are so f'd up??? Between COG and Accenture, two of the most unethical "consulting experts" in business, we are already so far in the sack with them, its utterly pathetic. And if you look at the number of ACC people who we have stupidly hired on, it is down right incesstuous.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes isn't this the company that has f up are sales numbers beyond belief ?