The Pfizer deal will happen by December

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel like a lamb going to slaughter every day in my territory. I am looking at the time by 1 pm and have only been in territory for 2 hours bored out of my fucking skull.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean PFUCKING PFIRED. Welcome to Pfizer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if by january pfizer decides to buy astrazeneca everyone in my building will be singing the revised frozen "let it go" song which goes a little like this.

fuck it all, fuck it all, dont give a shit anymore. fuck it all, fuck it all flip the table, screw you all. I dont take this bullshit anymore... I dont give a fuuuuuuuuuk!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about this ridiculous topic

Move on trolls

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're not following the sales model!!

Imagine if the executives had to deal with salespeople from six to nine different companies every day, walking in and interrupting them politely, asking for a minute: Sir may I have just one minute of your time?

"OK my toilet paper will hold up and not flake in your employees asses. Isn't that worth something to you? DO you ever watch or notice how much time your employees spend in the lorry?

How much does that cost you in lost productivity? Answer me!! You don't know? Isn't it your job to know what your employees are doing??

Or: "What if your patients have to take their meds twice daily? Can they memba? What if it was your Motha?

But to AZ execs, doctors have no option lest to listen to this malarky. So the reps are OUT!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freedom is ours! Buy us Pfizer!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sun Trust Financial reports that the Pfizer will offer as high as $97 per share for AstraZeneca in their second attempt this fall. The 20% tax savings from inversion would be more than enough to warrant such a bid. In addition they project as high as 35% cost saving from reductions in duplicate services and sales cuts. Hello!!!! There is no way the shareholders will stand for a rebuke of that kind of offer. Today AZ is the number two growth stock in hedge fund portfolios. Those guys don't usually bet on a losing proposition.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!! I'm still in bed...HATE THIS JOB!!! I have a lunch today so let me get moving!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

September 4, 2014 11:23 AM
    AstraZeneca Called the Obama Team to say: Stop Those Tax Inversions!!
    By ED SILVERMAN

Sean Kelly
    If you were wondering why the White House suddenly took an interest in the consequences of tax inversion deals last spring, here is the reason – a pair of Wall Streeters with ties to the Obama administration made some calls on behalf of AstraZeneca which, you may recall, was trying to fend off an unwanted bid from Pfizer. Pfizer cited a tax inversion as one reason for its offer.
    Specifically, AstraZeneca employed Thomas Nides, a Morgan Stanley vice chairman who was deputy secretary of state in the Obama administration until last year, and who also served in the Clinton administration. The drug maker also tapped Roger Altman of Evercore Partners, a former deputy Treasury Secretary in the Clinton administration, according to The Wall Street Journal.
    In a tax inversion deal, a U.S. company buys a foreign company and reincorporates headquarters overseas where corporate taxes are lower. Why? As the Journal notes, the acquiring company can reduce taxes by adding debt to its U.S. unit and shifting profits overseas. The tactic is not new, but has been accelerating, especially among drug and device makers, as investment bankers peddle the advantages.
    The Pfizer bid for AstraZeneca did not pan out for other reasons, but the outreach by Nides and Altman, among others, prompted the Obama administration to decide that inversion deals are not a good idea, at least for the U.S. Treasury. As the Journal writes, the White House “went from being a mostly passive objector to the architect of still undisclosed policies aimed at curtailing the tax benefits” of inversions.
    Next week, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is expected to make a speech about overhauling business taxes, underscoring White House concern about inversion deals after receiving calls from corporate America that more such deals were likely. The latest example popped up this week: Burger King wants to buy the Tim Horton food chain that is based in Canada and move its headquarters there.
    The Journal, by the way, notes that both Nides and Altman disclosed they called on behalf of AstraZeneca. A spokeswoman for the drug maker says part of its strategy to thwart Pfizer was to engage “with Washington stakeholders in the appropriate way as we would do with governments and policy makers in the countries in which we operate.”

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that has to be a winning combination, Pascal and Obama. We are missing one of the stooges.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

December? Yeah, right. If it happens, it'll be sooner than that, little buddy.