specialty ever hired from outside?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any feedback Id appreciate

Interviewed twice for spec positions with AZ from another pharma co. Both times they promoted within. They have asked to have me back to interview for a third job.

Does AZ ever hire into specialty form outside?

I never see any primary care positions posted.

Thanks as Im not sure if Im wasting my time to go through entire process a third time as they recruiter told me its almost impossible to get in from the outside. Any advice helpful thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and most of the time they hire from outside, since things are not well around here perhaps the positions were filled by soon to be displaced person. Stick with it and you may get the job, but my warning for you is this is not a good company to work for.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I have seen it happen as well. It was a few years ago though.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At times outside hiring can be heavy. Saw it happen with Brilinta and especially remember that with Seroquel when it was launched. Many of those promoting Seroquel left within a few years after things didn't quite work out as promised, including managers.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did they leave?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

weird question

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work at a golf course it can happen, particularly if your spouse is the DM in the adjoining district and has the "skills" needed to persuade the powers that be to hire you

True story