KCI loses Humana Contract

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, May 28, 2014 at 6:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So apparently KCI has lost humana contract, 2nd biggest payor...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To who?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smith and Nephew. If you are a TSV you are getting corn holed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, confirmed here in FL...Humana will not accept KCI. My Humana contact said its official but probably won't kick in until Q3...contract is with Apria

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, that's sad. patients are gonna go without IMO.

A day delayed will be 3 days more in the hospital. Again. IMO.

Apria sucks ass. IMO LOL

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on where you are at. In a lot of areas you just described KCI.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many "delayed days" in a hospital is KCI responsible for in the past 10 years? May be 10s of Thousands. Get out while you can KCI is a sinking ship. Layoffs coming Q4.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. KCI acts high and mighty while their system is rigid and difficult to work with. Just because it's how it's always been done- doesn't make it the best or easiest...Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for this company. I got out while I could and can't wait for it's demise...Good riddance Hawk and cronies...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be missed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG where is that darn SIX SIGMA TEAM when you need them ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG. I just got a call from referral source telling me HUMANA patient was denied. It's already started. I have a ton of HUMANA payers...I'm screwed. Aidios...It was good while it lasted. Working on resume now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Apax, you bought KCI on the biggest down slope since Enron and AOL. I feel sorry for the pension funds hedged on this sinking ship.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apax will make their money, don't you worry. Feel sorry for the people soon to be let go. It will happen again...then again the people who were let go previous it was probably a blessing in disguise.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont get this at all. KCI has been the market leader forever, new technology, and all of the clinical research. Online ordering system, why would anyone use Smith & Nephew?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you go ask that WCC that you just lost an NPWT order to; they might tell you why S&N is better.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha sounds like this guy has been drinking too much kool aid

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously - we have the Ulta. Advanced technology, Im with you. Smith & Nephew cant compete with us.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Kool Aid drinker. It doesn't matter what KCI has. The market has become a commodity driven by price, as are many Med Surg devices. This will continue to be the driving point in the future.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Ulta is your response to everything huh? That's hysterical. Please show me the clinical data that outlines the benefits of instillation vs traditional NPWT. There is none. Ulta is lipstick on a pig...useless. Agree with above posters.. NPWT is now a commodity and KCI will do nothing but lose share or margins or both. Their service sucks abt as hard as their vacs.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The clinical data is published and available for all to see. It's also pretty understandable for anyone with an IQ that registers in the three-digit range. For you, however, I feel my time would be wasted in trying to explain it. You are an ignorant tool that thinks selling is simply listening to and regurgitating the "anything but KCI" crap that your overpaid and underwhelming managers bore into your brain. God help you if Apax ever sells KCI to a competent device company like Convatec or Striker. You and your pack of laid-off former KCIers will be looking for jobs driving delivery trucks. Best of luck!