Pfizer Will Be Back in November

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tax inversion, one of the main drivers behind the Pfizer bid, has come under the spotlight in the U.S., with legislation backed by President Barack Obama that could retroactively wipe out the benefits of inversion being debated.

Shire, another U.K. pharma company which is being bought by the U.S.'s AbbVie, partly for tax inversion purposes, secured a £500 million ($844 million) break clause because of concerns over possible execution risks.

AstraZeneca claimed to have "one of the most exciting pipelines" in the pharmaceutical industry, as the U.K. pharma giant reported second-quarter revenue rose by 4 percent.

The company stepped into a glare of publicity this year when its management battled with Pfizer, the biggest pharmaceuticals company in the world, for control of the company. Pfizer is now excluded from making a further approach until November under U.K. law (although it may be able to open talks earlier if AstraZeneca makes the first move).

Obama stirs debate but loophole unlikely to close

The company has now raised its forecasts for earnings and sales for the year, after a better-than-expected revenue rise of 4 percent to $6.45 billion in the second quarter. Core earnings were up 8 percent at $1.30 a share, higher than the $1.10 expected on average by analysts.

Management are under pressure to prove they can deliver as much as shareholders would have got from the £55 per share offered by Pfizer. AstraZeneca's share price closed at £43.57 Wednesday, down from the peak of £48.23 reached during the bid battle with Pfizer.

The pharma giant announced it is buying Almirall's lung medicines in a deal worth up to $2.1 billion on Wednesday.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok chicken little and so what if they do!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our stock price will be down in the 50s and the stockholders will realize that an $84 offer from Pfizer is the best deal we will get. Holding out for more doesn't work the second time. Once burned shame on them, twice burned shame on us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm so happy that others feel and know that they will be back. We need our freedom.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This time it's going to happen. It was only a matter of time.

Bye Bye Frenchie

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed. NO WAY it gets turned back again. Pfizer gets what they want and will save billions in taxes by basing in the UK vs. the USA. They are buying a tax break and will cut us all loose to save even more money. They sure as hell don't need more sales people and managers in an already outdated sales format.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally disagree. I'm not saying that it's not possible, but our stock wouldn't be consistently dropping if they were. The insiders know what's going on. If you see our stock dramatically increase, be worried. If not, Pfizer isn't coming back. There would be so much scrutiny with the tax inversion that I don't think it's worth it for them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah... and if it DOESN'T happen the second go round, it most SURELY will the third or fourth try ... and you can take THAT to the bank!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We (my district, my manager and my fellow teammates) embrace the need to open talks with Pfizer again. We need to stop hating Pfizer and start looking for ways to get a deal done and work together.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yo lil bitches are bout to be mines.

Mr pfizer

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shareholders will make this deal happen. 2023 is a long time away, they'll want the cash now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will never happen. Pfizer will go after someone else. The french Fool's prediction about $45 billion in sales by 2023 is insane, just like he is!

Anyway, who gives a rat's ass! I am playing 18 today with a tee time of 12:45! Oh yeah, I will bring the iPad to enter "calls"!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bye bye a whole lot more than Pascal. What is your problem w/ PS? Seriously. He has done more in his short stint than DB did in his career to put AZ in a better position.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

November is too far away to dramatically raise the stock price but at $68 it is still inflated when the real value is somewhere in the $40s. One way or another, when Pfizer comes back after us it will get done. History has repeated itself many times. This is the way it almost always works.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer will bring this company out of the deep dark morale pits of doom.

Anything Pfizer can do to support another deal I will support.

Boston strong

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of us thought a deal would go through, too, back in May. Even most analysts within the market suggested so, as did the stock price. So, with that said, don't get your hopes up on Pfizer coming back with something that will shoot the stock price northward.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Nothing's gonna push stock price back to 80 or even close! It's all about devaluation now. How low will it go? Sorry if you bought stock in May. Won't ever see that again, little reps.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if the government passes some kind of inversion legislation. This would take a year or two. With that in mind I would think it would prompt Pfizer to buy AZ before the law went into effect. I also think Pfizer is coming back in November and if they get resistance....they are going to the stockholders.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly the way this will play out. The only people making out on the Pfizer deal will be the stockholders and the senior execs who hold millions in options. The rest of us are fucked.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sacramento still supports Pfizer takeover and is ready for freedom.