Six Steps of Brilinta Project Management

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step 1: Enthusiasm (Launch)
    Step 2: Disallusionment
    Step 3: Panic

AFTER THE FAILURE

Step 4: Search for the Guilty
    Step 5: Punish the Innocent
    Step 6: Reward the Non-Participants

I think we are someplace between Step 4 and Step 5.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are somewhere between total failure and some failure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales force results were exactly what the brand team wanted.

Unfortunately the brand team had no idea what would be successful. They gambled on their own knowledge and lost.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot

Step 7: See what sticks to the wall and hire a bunch of worthless nurses who add no value to sell.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love it when they use our sales meetings as a stage for rewarding and recognizing the marketing people. First of all, we have no fucking idea who you are and second, if we did we still wouldn't give a shit. I have never seen a more self absorbed bunch of clueless twits in one place in my life and we have to sit and politely applaud as they prove to us that they are clueless twits.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't know who they are, or what they do, or give a shit, doesn't it stand to reason you would be clueless genius?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? Are you drinking, drugging, or just stupid?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, but it's clear you're an f'n idiot. You have no idea what these people do, nor care to.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the OP moron. The poster simply says that you should know your audience when planning a meeting. Why would you waste the time of thousands of PSSs and DSMs having a celebration of the brand team on stage at a SALES MEETING? It is the peak of self indulgent elitist behavior. HQ leadership thinks you are brilliant and wonderful but why should I give a shit?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marketing on stage equates to self gratuitous aggrandizement, an attempt to share in the success of field sales. At one time field sales was largely the driver and director of sales. No more, marketing was given the keys.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No company ever succeeded by strictly marketing genius. Even the best products fail when the sales strategy and connection to the customer fails. That is a proven fact that AZ lost sight of long ago. The brand teams became the decorated heroes and the sales force became the scapegoats when their brilliance failed to be executed properly.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly