Quint. contract rep job COBI

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can you tell me about this contract job? We had 2 reps go to COBI on a contract from my division (big pharma) last month and say it was a good move? I see there are a few spots still open, is it worth jumping for? Thanks for the input, our current company is rumored to be downsizing so we are all looking, any info- salary, culture, training, car, etc would be much appreciated!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are contract jobs! Nothing permanent. COBI will evaluate the contract and terminate once they see the minimal results delivered. Upper management said they are hiring contract because this is temporary.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an upcoming interview for this position and heard the style is not Star format. Does COBI use a different style? What should I expect? Thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and you know how honest jnj upper management has been with us in the past prior to layoffs and redeployments! Tip for everyone still drinking the kool aid: get ready to prove your worth versus the quintile contract reps at half your salary. May the best rep win.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not buy that for a second, we are hiring contract because there are so many excellent talented reps sitting out there unemployed due to layoffs and we can get them dirt cheap and my guess is if they perform they will be taking the COBI reps spot in 12 months. This is no bullshit, I have heard 2 upper brass make this comment, like everything at this company, its a tactic but I know a lot of very good P Club level biological reps who would run circles around some of our deadwood selling Simp. that I would be genuinely worried if a CSO rep comes in with experience and relationships. Just being honest....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is that quintiles contract reps are going to be working all the biotech franchises- tibotec, onc, gastro, rheum, immun etc. Get ready to prove why you should be making double the salary of your quintiles cso partner. Very soon jnj reps and managers will be required to re-interview for their jobs against their contract mirror counterparts if they want to continue making the premium bucks here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Complete and utter bull. Why would they have spent so much time and money bringing us in for the business acument training this month. I must say that everyone said it made better reps out of all of us and will most defanitely get us more access to out doctors and much more time with them. I have much more confidence in detailing our absolutely fantastic viz aids now, and I made sure to seek out all of our marketing people to telll them what a wonderful job they did on them. So take your quinitles bull somewhere else, Mr. Smarty Pants. This girl is ready to take on Orencia, Humira and Enbrel and make Presidents club!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is acumen...The ability to make good judgments and quick decisions, typically in a particular domain: "business acumen". And yes, I am a new Q rep that will be selling Simponi. The correct spelling is definitely. Not definately. Not definatly. Not definantly. Not definetly. Not definently. I can see your "acument" training was heartfelt & will produce great results in the coming months. You will most "defanitely" have much more access to "out" your doctors... Geez. The bar is quite low.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, Mr. Smarty Pants, you know how to spell. But we have a few people here at COBI who know how to spell. Yes, they like to show off their grammer acument, as you call it. But they are not the best reps. The best reps don't know how to spell, but how to sell. Did you hear that? Yes, it is a rhyme. It was taught to us by Gerry Gribbon, the best of the best RBDs. He said, Don't spell. Just sell. And it worked. Because it rhymed.

I have been accused on this site of letting Orencia get big in my territory. And of sleeping with my docs and managers for the business. And taking their whole families our to dinner and things. But this year will be different. I will not spell right but SELL RIGHT! And I will make P club and bring my husband there and introduce him as more than he is to my heros Bob and Logan and my manager who is a genious.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, don't take money spent on meetings as a sign of job security. Upper brass knows that everyone cares more about working their second businesses than selling stelara, prezista, and procrit. Management is now recognizing that they're paying biotech reps so much more than pharma and cso reps when there's no access and no control on prescribing habits anymore.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shut up. We have solid job security and will be here as long as we wish.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry I will be on that contract and was with jnj for 13 years. I was layed off when topomax lost it's patent. I won presidents club 4 times. Etc etc. Contract is perfect for me now since I opened a small chain of yogurt and cup cake shops. I don't need the money but love arguing with a type personality doctors and I can definitely spell definitely. I won't get to shop the jnj store again and that was number 2 on my list for wanting this contract. See ya n the field

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that Dude!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They had the sales force role play so that they could evaluate everyone. Dah. If you did poorly you should evaluate your opportunities outside of this organization. If you did well you should start as well. JnJ is betting that they can save enough $ in these hard times by screwing the reps over to make up for the massive ship jump coming when the job market improves. This is not speculation it is a fact Mr. Smarty pants. Even if you have Tiger Blood they will still come after you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evaluating reps during role play sessions and meetings is a joke. Everyone knows sales reps and managers are the biggest phonies and actors. Managers and reps here have worked together for years and are always covering for each other. The complacency here compared to other biotech companies is ridiculous. The only way to truly evaluate the reps is to replace every single district manager with a brand-new manager from another jnj op company and have the new manager work closely with each rep and assess every single member of his team on specific metrics and standards. Each rep should have to interview for his job on a periodic basis along with cso and other jnj reps who are at the same level. There are too many talented people within other jnj op companies as well as quintiles. Let them have a shot to prove themselves and work at cobi.