Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dipshit, mergers and acquisition has kept us from being number 1. Open your orthopedic history book: J&J=J&J, Joint medical, and Depuy, Zimmer= Zimmer and Intermedics, Stryker= Howmedica & Osteonics. Biomet is the only organically grown orthopedic company left. This is something to be proud of, but not in seeing the coming storm of shrinking margins. You were probably still in junior high when most of the m&a went down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok gramps. Seriously, what's kept Biomet from being #1 is it's lousy sales representation, being behind on product innovation, and shitty management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 36, just accomplished. I agree with you on being last to market and poor management with high turnover. The good thing about being last to market though is that our shit doesn't get recalled. Representation is a local focus. We are the only company that has never been M&A'd.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is only half true. YOu've been acquired, just not merged....yet

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

careful there Stroker Ace, it won't be long before you have something recalled once you get up to speed with some new innovative products.

Still pushing that old, shit poly. Claiming Regenerex is better than TM (laughable). Your "new" arcos revision hip stem is a knock-off of the Stryker and Zimmer mod. stem which have been on the market for 10 years. The Vanguard knee isn't looking real promising in the registry data. The oxford 3 uni (why 3 versions if it's sooooo goooood) which none of your new advertisements cite any published data since 2006!!!!!!!! Bio(shit) has zero trauma products, just knockoffs of other peoples shit.

oops, my bad, you still have the indianatome!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales is what matters, I am the market leader. Are you really trying to say Zimmer comes up with original technology and doesn't have recalls? The Arcos is a knock off, except it won't fail like the ZMR and has more options than both ZMR and RMS. Old shit poly? We will see when the rest of the industry comes out with antiox poly. Lets put the Vanguard up against the Nex Gen. Oxford is still the market leader and works when put in correctly, as it always has been. As for the fourth phase of the design, it has more to do with refining the instrumentation. Remember- all competitors said it was too technical...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kirk B is that you? If so the only thing you are accomplished at, is being a dumb-ass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sucks being 4th or 5th!! biomet and s and n deserve each other. i guess the only way to settle this is to look at UNBIASED registry data, can't argue against that. vitamin e poly that's soaked?? every other company in the industry could have done that but the poly contains inconsistencies throughout with a soak (sales 101). and to say zmr/rms has failures is a joke, look at your own mod. stem failures with the piece of crap system before arcos, that's why you copied stryker and zimmer.

please, please, please don't go there with oxford, vanguard and regenerjunk you can't and you lose any credibility........if you had any to begin with.

being 4th or 5th you should be arguing product with the wright, stelkast, encore etc. girls, not the big boys!!

see you at curves!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the nexgen get pulled yet? I just saw a lawyer ad. Does the big boys have bigger pockets?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no but the lawer got sued - i seem to spend a lot of time converting oxford to nexgen - i wonder why?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder if now that J/J-Synthese has started the latest round of mergers if that increases our chances of doing something with SN? Any other suitors? Medtronic?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would mean Biomet providing some sort of "value" in the proposition. The word on the street, Biomet is utter crap, from people to product, the notion of a merger or acquisition is highly doubtful.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a troll. Taperloc is crap? never copied? Oxford, if you can't make one, discount it. E1- you don't have yours yet. etc... The only crappy thing we have is not being in any teaching institutions.
    PE doesn't buy crap, at least not 13 billion of it...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the reason you're not in teaching institutions? Yes, it's crap.