Abbott Diagnostics replacing Field Service with Contractors

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has been going on for a while and it is now like musical chairs. All the Field Service Engineers and their Managers are getting phased out. Abbott is now in the final process of farming out the work to Contractors. Real sad for these folks but good for the Competition. I now work for Siemens and ALL the competition is taking away accounts from Abbott. The Contractors are not giving the service that the Employees did and the Customers are not buying new Abbott Equipment. Once their lease is up or the equipment is old enough they are leaving.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the instruments the contractors are working on are Abbotts present Instruments.
    These instruments have been around for over 10 years and are being phased out.
    Abbott is pursuing a new generation of instruments which will be coming out in the
    next couple of years.
    Abbotts present employees will be working on the new generation

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The story about new generation equipment is getting pretty old. There is nothing in the Pipeline as Abbott laid off all the R & D.

This reminds me of Adolf Hitler in his bunker in the last days of WWII. He kept telling his generals to move "Phantom Armies" to take on the Russian and American forces surrounding Berlin. Hitler's armies did not exist. It was over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you on drugs ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure there is nothing in the pipeline
    Maybe that all the good sales people have move on and abbott is just
    trying to recover.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there. We tried to change everything but ran out of food. We did a run to Taco Bell to refuel but the enemy was too strong.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former Sales Rep from Abbott and am now at Roche. I got sick of all the intimidation and scare tactics. My customers are very loyal to me and when any Abbott Reps are in they get pamphlets on products etc. I went through these and the same ANCIENT equipment from 10 years ago is being sold. I asked the Customers if they would be so kind and ask about any products in the pipeline and the Reps said no.

It is hard for Abbott to have anything in the Pipeline when they lay off all the R and D. The Current Customers have heard about Abbott laying off many of the Employees and getting "Fake Service" people who say : " Yes we work for Abbott". I tell my Customers to ask : " Are you a Abbott Employee or work for another company that Abbott hired to save money?" Real Sad that my Customers have to ask pinpoint questions to avoid being lied to.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter to customer. The "fake Service" personell are just as good, if not better than Abots. Speaking of Abots, I think Iam talking to one who's feathers were plucked

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"personell", "Abots" "who's". Hmm, it that what we have now??? Mumbai or Punjab?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Judging by the grammar of the above post it must have come from Abbott Upper MGMT. He attended and graduated the same college As Ricky G from Hospira.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You probably mean ABBVIE, right, you idiot?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you always capitalize the "S" and "R" when you talk about yourself being a sales rep.... makes you a bit more important, no? Sort of like getting a "lateral promotion", which is really no promo at all... Those are the only ones you get.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nitwit, RG was VP at Abbott Not HSP He also ran Abbott Ventures You don't know what an
    A-BOT is ? You must be a newbie or a complete moron or both F Y'all bitches

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott, Abbvie, Hospira. ...(same crooks)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON? The use of contractors has been going on for almost 20 years! We outsource our sales data. We outsource our printing departments. We outsource our kitchen staff. We outsource our mailings. We outsource our sales alignments. We outsource our security depts. It reduces future expenses in terms of pension and health benefits to those of us employed directly by Abbott, AND in doing so, contributes to our own future pensions and health benefits, salaries, etc.. Whine about it if you want; so maybe you would like to go join those contractors..? OR, instead, stay employed directly by Abbott!
    We have it pretty darn good... health, pension, paid vacations, bonuses, expense accounts, annual stock grants (if you are good enough to get them; quarterly if you are even better) If you want more, go find it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Seimens and we have Real Employees. This is the same as Beckman Coultor, Sysmex ( blood instruments ) and Roche Diagnostics. I know that when Sale Reps visit potential accounts they stress that Abbott hires OUTSIDE CONTRATORs. Most Customer DO NOT LIKE this and this is hurting future Abbott Sales of instruments. The Customers who were serviced by Real Abbott Field Engineers felt betrayed when Abbott outsourced as the quality fo service went down hill instantly.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of the Ambassador Position at Abbott?