Persona Designers

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More Zimmer inventions: ZMR revision hip 1999 and RHK hinge knee 2000. Revolutionized revision implants and everybody had to play catchup. Some good copies of the ZMR by DePuy and Stryker, but NOBODY can match the RHK hinge design due to the patent. Add tantalum and it is like taking candy from a baby.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! And the hinged knee is such a major market.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look up Total Condylar Knee. Developed by John Insall MD at HSS in 1973, marketed by Howmedica in 1976. Did not have the cam (nobody used his original design…not going to explain it to you…) and Albert Berstein PHD and Insall jumped to Zimmer with their new cam design in 1982 along with the other brilliant designing surgeons of the era like Jo Miller and Jorge Galante. None of the guys work with Depuy or JnJ. Why would they?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes..when you do two a month at $18k a piece
    Put your pants on (if you own any), wear real shoes and walk into an orthopedic surgeons office and try to outsell me. If your at it bathe and try to shave…your face, not your head.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that really what you hang your hat on, the hinge? We crush Zimmer in our market. Typically a hinge is a backup to a revision knee anyways. With LCCK you are removing the femur and baseplate if you ever need to go to a hinge. With DePuy you just knock the femur off (leave the sleeve if you want) and do a couple cleanup cuts. Pretty simply and you can leave the tibia which most surgeon agree is better than any of the reasons Zimmer says their hinge is better.

I also wouldn't lead with ZMR. Those had some issues with breakage which is why Zimmer is pushing the one piece Wagner and oversize ZMR.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool. I crush DePuy in my market on everything even Synthes. Thought you were a Stryker hip-hop/jock rep (crush them too). Actually like the DePuy/Synthes reps in my area. They just stand aside and let me do my thing. Like the Biomet guy in my area, too. He can't wait to join my team in 2015 so we can get 100% market share.