Zimmer Canada?

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know what's happening at Zimmer Canada these days? All kinds of changes over the past few months so, not sure if this is a stable place of employment or not? I am interested in marketing career opportunities and was told Zimmer was the best ortho company....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me understand....you have heard of changes, and are interested in a marketing position....sounds like you should stay with your 'fishing' job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is obvious that you don't understand so, let me try to make this simple for you. Have you ever heard of the concept of conducting due diligence when searching for a new career? I have recently interviewed with Zimmer Canada. Since then I have since learned that they fired both the Director of Sales and Director of Marketing in 2010, hired an inexperienced replacement for the Director of Marketing and demoted the GM to a director level job. I have also heard the new GM is a transplant from the USA and is only expected to be here for a year or two. Lots of turnover so, to my original point, it doesn't appear to be very stable?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer has cleaned house in recent months, fired a few people on the corporate side. Many are now speculating that some of the CDN distributors are vulnerable due to poor year on year sales performance? If you really want into Ortho in Canada, talk to Stryker or Biomet.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't you already answered your own question? It doesn't sound like a stable situation, move on....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Longterm plan for new GM to remain there. Awesome guy, good leader, good visionary, US transplant from Zimmer who understands the portfolio and how to navigate the Zimmer system. Bodes well for Zimmer Canada. Changes are positive. Don't fear change - it's not always a bad thing.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way, this post is a huge joke! New GM will be in Canada for three or four years max, he is gone the moment a sizable distributorship opens up in the USA. As for recent terminations, Director of Marketing was completely useless so no big loss, probably a giant step forward for Zim Canada. As for the Director of Sales, he pointed out loudly and often that the old GM was a giant buffoon (which was the honest to god truth!) so, he got whacked. The true dead wood in this company, Director of Logistics and Director of Finance....both are colossal idiots.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management has gutted this once great company, in the USA anyway this is no longer a career destination like it once was. Maybe things are different at Zimmer Canada but, future is uncertain virtually everywhere else in this company. Look to SYK, JNJ and BMET.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work at Zimmer Canada and I can safely say that I have no no inside information about terminations, promotions, leadership aspirations, etc. Management doesn't share this info with staff so, anyone that claims to have it and is posting here is full of shit! From direct observation...company morale is in the toilet...leadership is non-existent...million dollar a year distributors dictate what goes on...management is unwilling to challenge the distributors for fear of losing sales....if anyone speaks out for what's right for the business they get canned....there is nothing stable about this company, don't be fooled.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone seriously care about what's going on at Zimmer Canada? I think Zimmer sells more in South Dakota.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing inspires confidence more than the ringing endorsement of someone being a "good leader." Being a "good visionary" is just corporate babble, it doesn't make it a better place to work. Don't believe me? Start looking into voluntary turnover at Zimmer Canada, it's a mess. Paints a crystal clear picture why so many people have run from this company.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2010 Recap:
    1) GM. Demoted.
    2) Director of Marketing. Fired
    2a) Director of Marketing Replacement. No ortho knowledge or background.
    3) Director of Sales. Fired
    4) Director of Finance. Active job hunter.
    5) Director of Logistics. Should have been fired years ago. Complete idiot.
    6) Product Managers. Most known to be seeking new careers outside ZMH.

Doesn't sound good and it certainly doesn't appear to be a stable situation? You decide.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Zimmer Canada is unstable and dysfunctional, point made. But, who really cares about this nonsense?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know the new GM in the slightest but, anyone is better than the idiot they demoted from the position....his "let's all just get a long and love one another" management philosophy was ridiculous. Best guess they will can him this year and everyone will cheer once they finally kick him to the curb

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are so many corporate people being fired these days at Zimmer while spoiled, vastly under performing distributors keep their jobs? It's common knowledge that the Zimmer distributors in Canada are millionaires.....do the math, they are paid +17% on total sales. Outrageous compensation for selling joints. Zimmer West.....+$40M sales x 17%! Distributor is easily making +$1m annually. Meanwhile, Zimmer continues to cut corporate staff in order to cut costs.....please, this is bull shit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you even have a clue what kind of overhead is involved in running a distributorship? You think the commission dollars are pure profit??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4) Director of Finance. --Now director of Finacne & Logistics
    5) Director of Logistics. --Demoted to Manager of IT
    Company morale is extremely low

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a Distributor! Typical response. Of course it isn't all profit but, if you aren't making a million bucks a year on $40M sales (at 17% commission), you deserved to get fired! Why do you think everyone in ortho sales aspires to be the next distributor.....for the glamor and recognition? Please, it's because of the money stupid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No - but I recognize that whether you are internally or externally related to the company you still would have no job if you didn't have sales people driving customers to use product. Sales commissions are the price of admission, and frankly 17% is far lower than most distributors in the US make with typical productd lines. Even paying commission dollars at that level, it is still more financially effective for many companies than having the overhead of a direct sales force plus paying them commissions even at a lower level... People are motivated by different things, but if you're not motivated by money then sales is not for you - whether it's medical devices, cars or Dunder Mifflen paper. Of course it's about the money - why do YOU do it? I'm not sure what your point is. Are YOU going to go schlep sets all day for free?? Better yet, are you going to manage a multi-million-dollar territory of business and team of reps for free?? One way or another, somebody makes money. If you feel underpaid, then go work for someone who will pay you better for what you do, or go start your own distributorship if you can find a product line to represent.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shocking, company morale is extremely low....little surprise knowing these two guys are a pair of the biggest idiots imaginable. Not the biggest idiots mind you, that is the recently demoted GM. Once upon a time this was a great company, no more.