Who's left Zimmer now?

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kimber Chang
    Kevin Raub
    Paul Bryant
    Dave Johnston
    Adam Sanford
    Max Baumgartner

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think the users (surgeons) care or notice ? Unless you have strong doc relationships in/out of the company you have little value. Company will hire replacements.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, just a place for people to see who has left the company. There are no org announcements about people leaving.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did these people leave for competitors?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't tell you how many times I get dressed down by docs who are upset that Zimmer never notified them that a primary internal contact left the company. Internal communication falls off a cliff and everyone is left hanging with no explanation. Frustrating.

I think they are trying to replace knowledgeable people inside just like they are trying to replace us with lower paid and inexperienced replacements in both cases. What's going on at HQ? It is not positive. What's making all these guys abandon ship? More distributors leaving too on their own now from what I"m hearing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add to that list
    Greg Sparlin (now at ConMed Linvatec)
    Jim Franzen (now at the Minn distributor)
    Stephen Lingeman (now at an allograft company)
    Matt Brandt (now at VSI (in-surgeon office arthroscopy system)
    Andy Bloom is working out of New York, unlikely to be with the company long
    Darla Williams (of Zimmer Institute) to unknown

To answer the other question:
    Johnston went to the field as a sales rep in St Louis
    Bryant went to Baxter Life Sciences division north of Chicagout
    Sanford quit without a job to move to Chicago
    Raub went to Indianapolis to join Rolls Royce

It really matters when long standing employees leave Zimmer. Zimmer loses the continuity of the programs the workers were working on and the product knowledge. The other huge component is the loss of the company's face to the customer. This is especially important for developer surgeons. Frankly, turnover in professional ranks kills a company.

The reason for the departures is twofold:
    1: Z's senior management has been treating middle management poorly. Especially Steve White, the knee general manager since sept 2011. What a clusterf--- he is. Additionally, their new performance system gives 60% of the employees a 2 or lower on a 4 point scale by decree. Each department must have a person on an improvement plan. Programs have unrealistic timelines without resourcing leading to excessive hours.
    2: The Z has steadily reduced benefits in the past 12 months. Fewer people getting stock options, less stock options, less vacation time for new hires, 2 fewer holidays than in 2011, offers to new hires that aren't competitive, etc.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

McCauley and Seibs have no idea what they are doing. They don't care these people leave. GE execs have no idea what orthopedics is about. The exit door will keep swinging and those two guys will go somewhere else after screwing that whole thing up. Mark my word.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's hard enough to get good people to warsaw, let alone keep good people when you show no consideration or appreciation for your employees. it's a very strange place these days - almost like they are intentionally trying to destroy the place from the top. there's no life or excitement between the walls of the zimmer compound, and management just doesn't seem to care one bit. way too many good people inside heading for the door and distributors jumping ship (or being forced) to keep moving this big ship forward. i don't get how the morale problem is allowed to continue to grow.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is really nothing new if you have been around Zimmer for the last 20+ years. The management has changed every few years, new executives come in with little knowledge of orthopedics or any appreciation for whatever culture exists. They bring their buddies along for the ride, take what they can from options....but that was when there was anything to take! Look back over those 20 years and virtually no one is around, either because they had enough and left or were purged out of the organization. It's been a mess for a long time and those employees who are still there have paid the price in frustration, low morale and most are just hanging on until they can retire.

As far as Warsaw goes, yes....it has always been difficult to get people to come there and stay. Its a good place to raise a family, but does't offer much to keep you there for the long haul. OrthoWorx was formed to try and improve and publicize all the attributes of living and working in Warsaw, but its an uphill battle. With inconvenient transportation, dwindling available work force, poor selection of restaurants, non existent shopping other than WalMart, and and the like, limited culture, etc. and etc., what ever you do you can't change the fact that Warsaw is a small, midwestern town with very few amenities. Warsaw will likely suffer over the coming years as the big three - Zimmer, Biomet and DePuy, either merge, sell or consolidate their businesses. With the device tax, Obama care, and other external factors...Warsaw can only loose. Sorry to be negative, but that's the facts!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brian in hips was the most optimistic guy in the place. He couldn't take it anymore.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm just glad we made the decision to buy a house outside of Warsaw proper for the very reason you list above.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

""The reason for the departures is twofold:
    1: Z's senior management has been treating middle management poorly. Especially Steve White, the knee general manager since sept 2011. What a clusterf--- he is. ""

yOU MEAN TYHAT WASN'T A win-win for both Danek and Zimmer??????

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what many are saying - they just couldn't take it anymore.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said, and truly sad. I am a veteran and it KILLS me seeing the highest quality people I have ever worked with slowly disappear off the map.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott J Steffensmeier - VP Hip Development Engineering

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked for several years with all of the people listed in this thread, and it is truly sad to see most of them go. The decline of morale started to happen a while back when we made the brilliant management decision to dilute our knee development expertise by hiring people from outside of the medical devices industry. Do we really need another car brake engineer?

Clean house with the right people and you will improve morale!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you stating that Scott has left the company?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of these people are superstars, just average joes at best. If you look at linkedin, you see tons of newbies who are rising who are getting newbie wages.

Zimmer used to rely on doctors for ALL their ideas. Now, there is no one who has original thoughts, just me-too thinking. It is years of the same culture.

Cheapen up and make more money at the top

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you happen to know where he went (steffensmeier)?