Who, how many, and when- 1 Billion POUNDS to be cut from GSK Pharma

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read it for yourself, and watch the videos- Sir Witty announced one billion pounds (that's 1.6 billion dollars, people!) will be cut from Pharma over the next three years. Dierde never denies lay-offs, only promises she will keep us posted in a timely fashion. Insiders, throw us a bone here. Criteria?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A small start would be to cut all HAMs, CAMs, IDN-ICT representatives. They offer nothing but a large expense. They haven't been able to generate a single prescription! Not a single one! Cutting those reps would easily save $25 million per year. Then offer early retirement to those 55 and over. Save another 10 million per year. Finally, move everyone to Philly cut RTP where you need (R&D admin, etc). The U.S. would have more than done its part at that point. Let the rest of global pharma bare the rest of the burden.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My boss is 300 pounds of ugly fat

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We could cut even more unwanted pounds of useless fat if you no working cheaters, complainers and DC haters would shut up and leave. There is no disgrace going from a pharma sales rep to a front door greeter at Wal-Mart.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That won't happen until others in this industry cut their version of these people. Its ironic, because everyone started hiring them at the same time, and yet no one can quantify what they do, how they measure success, and the ROI.

One thing we DO know is that their salary/bennie packages are huge!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

angry much?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One can look at cost savings programs announced by other big pharma companies over the last 5-10 years (Merck, Pfizer, Novartis, Lilly, etc), which were around $1billion - $2billion in size, to get an idea how many jobs were eliminated; those programs were roughly in the range of 4,000 to 8,000 jobs, certainly depending on whether the efficiencies were targeted towards headcount or towards internal projects/processes.

If half of the realized savings are intended to be delivered in 2016, then it seems likely a lot of the associated restructuring cost would be incurred sooner rather than later.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you should know, right genius?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the matter, did you strike a nerve with you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gsk gray hair here happily retired from sales in the golden years.....advice.....cover ya butts !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Preliminary discussions are beginning. Nothing official but...topic of account management positions being eliminated. However, they have also mentioned adding another division to the Respiratory division. Advair not going generic until 2018 and no company is even trying to come out with a generic. Other topics have been to offer CVMU a Respiratory product to help balance out their portfolio. Finally, they have also discussed cutting 30% of the field across the board and re-organizing after that.

That's all I have for now. Do my best to keep you folks updated. Good luck to all! One word of sage advice. It is always better to be looking for a job while you have a job. If you have another company that will hire you, I would take it in a minute! GSK is shrinking. Even after the cuts are made, a merger or takeover is a real possibility. Do what you have to do folks. Every man for himself at this point.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, actually sounds accurate if you weigh in on all the rumors.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spin off ViiV, spin off Consumer, spin off Vaccines - slimmed down pharma swallowed up by another pharma

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update: I will preface by letting everyone know that this is just "discussion" by our leadership team. No U.S. Sales reduction this year. Earliest re-org will be mid 2015. A lot depends on market uptake of launch products. Also mentioned was reducing field positions which offer marginal value. i.e. CAM and HAM support teams. Not sure about IDN or ICT divisions. Another topic was Advair's new pricing strategy. If Managed Care Plans keep on formulary, Sales force may be limited on promotion. They called it "lifecycle management". They will promote it through 2015 then focus teams on new respiratory products. Discussions also included having CVMU become a part of respiratory. Also smaller territories are a possibility. One rep per geography vs the crossover we have currently.

Bottom line. Enjoy the holidays and focus on family and friends. Next year, keep your eyes and ears open for opportunity with other companies.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update: I will preface this by saying I don't know anything and am making this up like everyone else on this board. There will be cuts in some areas and no cuts in some other areas. We may or may not see cuts in some areas that really should see cuts, but then also see some cuts, or not have cuts, in areas that should not be cut.

I will be hiding out in the last bathroom stall at HQ in order to pick up more good intel.

Signed,

Deep Throat

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is deep throat your anonymous name or a special skill you possess?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just how deep is your throat. Is your other code name sausage garage.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is just my code name. The one with the skill is your mother.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word on the street is...CAMs and HAMs are going to be out of work by the end of the year. Home office folks get pink slips mid 2015.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the leadership skills of the RVP's and above will save us from annihilation! Oh....wait a minute. They can't because they are just self promoting, scared, follower type boobs who are not very good at what they do. Damn.