Novartis Vaccines is loving life waitin' for the close

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2014 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at the strings on the Novartis board. Could be made into a white trash TV reality show.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does GSK have a history of using FSPs to outsource people to?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And they are coming to GSK in November?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my circles, yes, I'm hearing that they will officially be here first week of November. Not sure how the whole FSP thing will work. My guess is that short term, they will stay on to wrap up ongoing trials, then GSK will phase out that vendor relationship and bring them into the GSK fold.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of activity in what i do suggests the same/similar timelines

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a bunch of low talent losers anyway.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like that's coming from someone who's afraid of being exposed as talentless (and most definitely classless) in our organization and replaced by incoming acquired talent otherwise. That's no way to welcome our new co-workers, whether they're here for a few months or long term. And who's to say that all of the layoffs will happen on the Novartis side anyway? Might want to look over your shoulder come November!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing they will not have to take the same simulation and assessment tests that the field will be taking. They will be given two years of receiving 100% of the bonus they received at Novartis.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean like you losers at GSK?!?! We are paid for performance dumbass! No one here that has worked for GSK wants to go back. At least we can interview and say our performance was measured appropriately, rather than by your kindergarten bullshit tests!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would watch out if I were you. I have contacts in two separate departments there and they both tell me they have many departments that are LOADED with affirmative action hires. If they bring them over, you think GSK is going to lay them off and keep you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK rep and I agree with your post

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got that right!!! We wish we were being paid the way you are and the way you will be. 2 years of full compensation and no tests????? I'm so jealous. If you or anyone you know used to be a GSK vaccines rep when PF first started, beware- It is so much worse!!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted by a recruiter re a Novartis vaccine sales opportunity.

With the pending acquisition by GSK, are there plans to retain any Novartis reps or should I stay clear of their vaccine division until the sale is consummated and the dust settles?

My current organization is going through a reorg and I don't want to jump from the fire and into the pan.

Thanks for any insights.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis Vaccines dumped their Flu side of the business to CSL today

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For less than book value.

A lot of Novartis Vacc staff hoped they were staying with flu and thus Novartis. Now they go to CSL - be careful what you wish for.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sadly true. Novartis Vaccines is full of affirmative action hires, who underperform and in some cases have no clue as to what they are doing, but the company is too scared of letting these people go, so they are stuck. Over the years they have accumulated these people.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly they don't want to come hear and who could blame them?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If things go as usual with gsk when they acquire people, they will lay off in vaccines this next quarter. This will make room for the novartis reps. This will be followed the following year with all or most of the Novartis reps being laid off/fired. Then gsk will go out and hire new reps/cheaper. At least thats what they have done in the past. Its the gak way

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well part of the reason for the deal is to really focus on USA for GSK vaccines. Selling too much too cheaply to Emerging Markets.

Can they execute and deliver in the USA - not done it before so will the few extra vaccines from NVS instigate this?