How did I become "nonproficient"?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel like Willy Loman here, in a losing battle against spiritual and economic defeat.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you wouldn't feel that way if you spent more time on your career versus living your life on this board.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried, but they keep moving the goal posts

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the immediate snarky comment, and you wonder why most people only view posts and never participate. There is a great drug for OCD called Paxil and if you are really are an active employee of GSK you can get it without a co-pay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not snarky. Just the truth.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drug induced apathy may be the best way to cope, plus it is free, so you can't beat that.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who knows how anyone is non proficient verses exceptional. I have received both for doing the exact same thing. Hard to know how to improve or what you have done well with the current system which has no transparency.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much comes down to who has better study groups

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those are not legal anymore. Cannot do group tests or study groups anymore legally.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they may be against policy, not sure why. but they certainly aren't illegal

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be a good question for your Performance Coach

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are only as good as your boss wants you to be.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really is a travesty. TSMs have to force ranked their districts. They have to select who their top rep is a go with it. The problem is, that GSK has had far too many re-orgs and layoffs. This means that reps get new managers, new districts, regions, etc. If you were lucky, you have had the same TSM for 5 years. Odds are, you were probably promoted. Any less time with the same manager puts you the the middle of the pack and thus, no promotion. I have two very specific examples of reps who have been with GSK for roughly 10 years. They are women and they were promoted (under patient first) to an S7 level. At the time of their promotions they were only with GSK for 7 or 8 years. Now, you have many seasoned veterans with 15+ years with our company alone who are still at an S8 level. It's an absolute joke!! Not saying that just because you have tenure, you deserve a promotion. But my God, the individuals who are at an S7 level are close to inept. What a damn shame. Why can't management see this? It is so obvious and yet they continue to promote based on gender, ass kissing and worst of all...lying!! Cheaters on tests, cheating the company out of time in territory ("I'm a working mom and my husbands job is too demanding so I have to pick up the slack"), women on disability for "stress"...it goes on and on!! And it's so blatant! I pray that someone who has nothing to lose launches and investigation into how little these women work...and show how they have been promoted by deceit. One can only dream.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spot on poster ... take a good investigative look ... Patient First promotions most all if not all were results of ass-kissing and test cheating and at home studying more than being in front of customers. oh well. that's what you get with a clueless co creating a bunch of unethical folks but can you blame them?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now that PF has failed, and failed miserably. Management want sales. Listen to these idiots. It would be comical if it were a movie but this $hit is real life! How do the Cheryl Macs of the world say what they say with a straight face? Don't they know that everyone does not take anything she says seriously? I mean just six months ago we were told, CLEARLY, that PF was here to stay! That Testing and simulations were what the rest of the industry was going to follow. Now, its all about Selling! We gotta sell!!! Of course we can't pay you on that, but sell mother-fu_ckers!! Sell!! Oh yea, and we value you! Cheryl, let me tell you something the forgot to teach you in Grad School...ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN words!!! You cannot build or expect trust just because you say "we've heard you". You see Cheryl, we've heard that for the last ten years! So listen sweetie, get out there and show us you care! Walk the talk for more than one meeting! Walk the talk for a couple of years! Do something for the sales force that demonstrates you are in this with us! Let me give you a couple of very easy ideas. And I will give you this insight as well, if you do the three things I mention, you will become respected and a living legend! 1. At meetings, room with a fellow executive. if that cannot be done, allow reps to have their own rooms. 3. Reduce the amount of field contacts to four per year. That's it. Can you do it?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very confusing kid.....what's #2 ? Why did you not ask for more bonus and salary, better company cars, 4 day workweek, no ridealongs or tests, 2 hour meetings if necessary, and a clothing expense account !

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is moving to Patient First model of sales due to the tidal wave of success this sales model generates

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your tagine-making technique does not reach m. souvlaki levels. Therefore, you are "nonproficient".