the best company ever

Discussion in 'American Hospital Supply Corporation' started by Anonymous, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was looking for a lost civilization for another company and saw AHS. What a great place. I hope this thrrad doesn't get defiled like the others. So many names so many memories. I was with dade and sp in the early eightys. Loved baxter after 85. Please post where you were.

2. mikes

mikes Guest

I agree...a great place for a young guy like me. I was hired by the S/P Div. right out of Ohio State in 1974 to work in their Columbus, OH (Obetz) distribution center. Soon was transferred to Chicago (McGaw Park). Those years 1974 -1978 were truly exciting with fantastic sales growth and a great bunch of folks inside and outside. I managed the Clinical Customer Service Dept. and thought our facility, microfiche inventory system, ASAP order entry system, etc. were too cool at the time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way Ray g in columbus while you were there. Probably the best rep in all of sales.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was with American Continue Care. A sad day when Baxter took over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at Bio-Science Labs when AHS bought them. I survived the merger. I also went through the Smith-Kline purchase of the lab to form SmithKline Bio-Science Labs ( SKBL).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was with ACC, working the teaching institutions when reps could work the floors and units. It was great because most institutions bought everything from AHS. We worked hard and played hard, making great bonuses. I retain a lot of fond memories of those days.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great memories of ACC division of AHSC.
    Not to great with Baxter.
    So-so with DuPont Pharma until Kurt Landgraf took over, then it was another great experience.
    with BMS, things went downhill fast until all the good people were gone.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with above poster. ACC was a great experience. The hostile takeover was a sad experience. Buying a company and then selling off its divisions just to have its distribution system. I remained in the healthcare field but if it was my decision, I never used a Baxter product ever. The bad feelings it generated never left me. No love lost for either karl or vernon.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get over it, old loser!