Layoffs Coming In Oncology

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work at headquarters and heard from a reliable source there is going to be a layoff announcement by end of year in Oncology. The rationale is to streamline operations and reduce overhead costs. We have been paying too many reps ridiculous salaries and the company needs to lower costs. Many surveys are showing that a majority of reps are only accessing targets during a lunch and access is extremely limited. Rather than having 4 reps in one area we are going to trim this number slightly and give additional responsibilities to those remaining. We are still anticipating a strong Nivo launch but it is looking like there will be short delay in launching. We have to show Wall Street that we are fiscally responsible, and with pricing concerns on the horizon for our meds we need to take action soon. I am surprised it took this long. Most other companies have already been lowering their cost basis for years. Good luck to those affected!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're on crack and you're making this up. Try using this site for positives. Do you really think we'd invest in a new sales force, POAs, and additional meetings. You really need to grow up and not spread lies.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are on crack and heroin, no layoffs here

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is going to kill you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs are coming update your resumes

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the way BMS works. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so you increase head count only to lay off 6 months later.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good news on the employment front is that BMS will be hiring more lawyers

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs??? I am hearing discussions of expanding for elotuzimab.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...I think you have it backwards!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the laugh. That's really pretty funny. I want a dose of what you are having because I haven't had any really good hallucinations lately!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jackass