Theranos Opportunity vs. Near Term Patient Care

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For obvious reasons, Theranos has quickly become the proverbial elephant in the room among lab professionals. As Theranos may be exclusively recruiting people with expired non-compete agreements, many have chosen to leave their current positions, allowing their non-competes to expire while preparing to join the ranks at Theranos. Many others are unfortunately considering the same. To deter this trend, it has been suggested we must foster the idea that Theranos is somehow not going to successfully commercialize their patented technology. Given the overwhleming amount of evidence available, we feel this approach will be viewed as inheritantly dishonest and ultimately falls short in achieving our goal of manageable employee turnover thoroughout our organizations. Instead, we offer a much more convincing and noble reason not to chase the Theranos opportunity at this time…patient care. While we can clearly recognize a paradigm shifting when we see one coming, none of us can accurately predict when Theranos will finally roll out nationally! Some industry analysts believe it may be as long as five years. Before you decide to jump ship and chase the almightly dolllar, PLEASE consider the impact widespread turnover would have to our operational stability and ultimately…patient care. To those who choose to stay…Thank You.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the person who started this thread. Your advice is very selfish. You imply that those of us who quit an obsolete lab somehow don’t care for patients. To the contrary, we place great value on patient care and are very excited about Theranos. I have a friend that currently works at Theranos, a dear friend, a lifelong friend, a friend that has never lied to me. I know it may seem unbelievable but the conventional lab model is officially obsolete and will soon collapse, sooner than you know. Go ask Eastman Kodak what they think about digital imaging now. Before lab, I was in pharma and am all too familiar with the hardships major downsizing brings. I WILL NOT BE BLINDSIDED AGAIN! Those of us that left lab early now have first move advantage and will enjoy the best opportunities. Don’t take my word for it. Here’s a simple process any one should follow to decide for themselves.

1. Do your own research (Google everything you can find)
    2. THINK … Apply critical thought and common sense.
    3. Look your manager directly in the eye and ask the “pointed questions”!
    4. Insist your manager do the same with his/her manager!
    5. Judge the facts! BE BRAVE AND GET PREPARED!

Managers, when your people come to you for advice, please remember these are people with families to support. They do NOT deserve to be deceived and blindsided for a dollar!