Path Line

Discussion in 'Bio Reference' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh One More Thing:

Urologists’ Self-Referral For Pathology Of Biopsy Specimens Linked To Increased Use And Lower Prostate Cancer Detection
    Jean M. Mitchell
    Health Aff April 2012 31:4741-749;

Will be proven in other specialties as well!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Emerge is a division of Histopathology Services( aka...Pathline) in Suffern NY. Lab being run by former GenPath pathologist Zach Liu, MD. They are making backroom deals with anyone who will listen to them, they will even bypass doc to syphon business (sound familiar??). Lab boxes and reps showing up everywhere. A girl named Alysia has recently been calling on a number of my accounts. Anyone hear of any foulups or mis-diagnosis by this group??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, but I hear that their pathologists are nothing of anything special. For example their medical director is a Podiatric pathologist!! Running all types of surgical specimens.

The way they sell is by going behind the backs of the Pathologists at hospitals and make deals with Administration.

I hear they are building a facility in North Jersey somewhere.

Just call them Genpath Lite :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people have no idea what you are talking about. With Newman it is all about power. He is some geeky pathologist who now gets to play with the popular boys- Rolex and Ruta. He is not a podiatric pathologist. He is board certified, but he is out of his league. Everybody that set the lab up and worked 24/7 was given a buy out so he could bring in heavy hitters. His original partner is never even mentioned in the Pathline lit- Thomas Snopek is the director at GSH and Newman has now ostracized him because he thinks he is a liability. Rolex and Ruta really run the show. From what I hear the people there are being worked like dogs and their computer system sucks. Look at the website. From what I hear Crystal Run, a big player and a big client of theirs in Orange Cty took a hike and their CEO is not to be messed with.
    I hear he wants to get rid of that group in Newman's old hospital. What goes around, comes around. Can't wait!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The owner of Crystal Run, has no idea what he is getting into with That hospital. They are 75% Medicare and all that business will have to be billed back to the hospital. He is a fool if he goes for that business and the hospital Admin are even bigger fools!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They must have hired some other reps, I'm seeing their biz cards all over the place.

Are these guys with Waterstreet?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell your clients that they should ask for a tour of their facilities....enough said.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guessing u never cheked out GenOptix circa 2006 ... some VP's will never heed the tea leaves

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Waterstreet??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathline is going away in a few weeks, that's why there's the big push for Emerge in oncology clinics. I've had accounts tell me SR has been in their office trying to get them to switch over to Emerge.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Author,

The year is 2004. Tick tock.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2004??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathline and Emerge are the same thing!!!

PAthline is their crooked hospital pathology lab.

Are you saying that the hospitals are re-establishing their labs??

Also, how will they compete in Oncology, there are hundreds of Flow Labs, and the rumor is GE is building a huge lab on the east coast for Clarient. In additon Integrated Oncology is "Contracting" with the big national groups.

Look for a Big "For SALE " sign soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TC Grandfather Clause will expire on June 30, after which point labs will have to bill hospitals instead of medicare. Hospitals will only do business with those labs that they are contracted with. Pathline isn't contracted with any hospitals, so their business will be gone. Sam R is personally going into private oncology clinics ENTICING them to switch over to Emerge to make up for the anticipated loss of business. At the same time he's settling his score with Marc G.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not heard of any of their current hospital clients rebuilding their labs. For example they just took over the dump in New Rochelle and that place is 40% Medicaid, 50% Medicare.

Were they such poor business people that they took this place over right when the rumors started about the GFC going bye-bye...??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is everyone spending so much time focused on this place..

Its a little Dumpy lab...

Probably shuttered by the OIG in a few years too!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE!!

What is really going on here? I heard they are still growing the Hospital Lab side of the business.

Are they leaving the hospital market or not? I am a Medical Technologist in the Hudson Valley and I really do not want to work for them. I am thinking of taking a Job in the D.C. area, but prefer to not move.

Someone Please I beg you tell me the truth.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They bought a lab in Cranford, NJ so that they don't have such a large influx of specimens from the suffern site.
    They have another lab in Ramsey, NJ right near their Suffern location.
    Emerge = Pathline
    Newman is a business man, he's gonna do everything he can to take business from anyone. I mean he's sleeping with the brunette transcriptionist over there. He can and is doing what he wants, he owns the damn lab...
    Matt the sales rep is excellent as well. All these other labs have to step up their game.

End of the day everyone there is a schemer and they only care about their wallets, not of patient care and their employees. But from what i hear its the same in every other lab as well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

QDx Pathology Services ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have three sites? How can they afford that? Also are they still running the labs for the hospitals?