Prolia and XGEVA sales?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are things going? How may reps are on target?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it appears that sales are moving but not anything to write home about. Remember, the company was/is depending upon a potential blockbuster. So far, disappointing. A pleasant surprise next Monday will be well appreciated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire executive committee quitting would move the stock up

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so 20 million prolia sales for the full quarter versus 8 million xgeva for in just one month after launch.

Hmmmm Helen T must be having the time of her life!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a product launch anybody can be proud of and certainly not blockbuster status.

People who claimed to understand the payor landscape and the potential broad adoption of buy and bill need a reality check......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly the wrong people have been placed in positions all the way up and down the organizational structure.

There has a been a "we know it all" attitude that has been show to be lacking.

Maybe if Amgen had incorporated some people with real BONE and Bone Mets experience things would move forward with a greater sense of purpose.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think this more applies to BONE than Bone METs. I am fully confident that XGEVA will be a block buster in about 2 years as we are clearly superior and our oncology folks can defend premium pricing.

BHBU needs a clean up really fast!!!! JLenzo being kicked out is a good first step. D Krisitn should be next followed by HT. No compromise

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the prolia sales force can not go that way for too long....its just not possible with such stream of revenues. I won't be surprised if lay offs are next in BHBU sales

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not suprised about the lack of success with Prolia. Not a single person on the Prolia marketing team (or the leadership team for that matter) has bone or osteoporosis experience. What a way to launch a product, everyone is clueless on what it takes to win.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prolia is just a little too late getting into the market
    If they had come before Reclast it would have been much easier
    Reclast has the data, the coverage and the number of reps out there for the
    last 3 years. Amgne is too inexperienced in PCP market to make any dent.
    They should have cozied up to GSK and done a copromote

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody have any real success using McClung? Can't overcome the real obstacles like nobody wanting to B&B. . .

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real problem is that the market continues to decline. Once Merk went away the shared voice of this diease state went with it. Most physicians want there patients covered and a generic will do. I battled this for years at Roche/Genentech the market sucks to work in, physician apathy with numerous pt complaints real or imagined does not help.

Good luck I would have thought an injection once every six months would have been a winner for pt and physician.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to get your head out of your corn hole. Reclast's long-term efficacy data sucks. The bottom-line, for anyone who has experience selling a biologic, is that it is a NEW biologic and the 5 yr. safety data is the first big step in positioning the drug where it should be: after forteo. Anyone else saying something to the contrary is a moron.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managed care pushing generic Fosamax $5-$6 copays ratcheting up copays on both Tier 2 & Tier 3 drugs so Medicare patients don't want to pay $30-$60 copays if the can take generic this is the cause not share of voice when Merck departed the scene. Most docs didn't care to go to another osteoporosis talk bombarded enough…

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously folks. What do we have here....500 Bone reps and another 200 in IBU on Prolia? Lost track at this point. But less than $7M per month in osteo sales. Our goose is cooked.

How about a new thread on how much longer 'til a huge axe falls? Many of us would really like to know, in all seriousness

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe less than $5M per month. The axe is already falling. It will hit BEFORE the end of March.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their cost to bring this to market from inception to current sales, has been a drain and, proven to be an insignificant sales/money contributor, at least up to now.

It's obvious to me that the general overhead must be cut, as the cost of doing business is way too high. Cost control should include RIFs and related costs. I see it clearly on the wall.