Does the company drug test students

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a student and will be doing a two week rotation with the company through my school. I am wondering if I should expect a drug test on the first day when I go in. The person I spoke with at the company did not mention anything, but just checking. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not and will not be an employee of the company, to clarify.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's doubtful but it depends on what you'll be doing or working. Are you working at the corp headquarters in Dublin? Then you probably won't be tested. If you're working at one of the distribution centers then yes, you may get tested.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i specifically asked if there were any background checks or health screens needed prior to myself coming in and was told no. I'd prefer not to specify which part of cardinal i'm going into, but it is neither distribution center nor corporate. it is one of their better known areas, though. thank you for commenting

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

been smoking a little too much weed, eh? loser

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non of my concern, however thc has shown to have positive effects in reducing tumors. So calling an individual a loser based on there personal preference is inadvisable. You can classify yourself as a loser as well if you've ever taken Tylenol..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he's calling him a loser because he does illegal drugs. There are a lot of studies suggesting benefits of different illegal drugs, but its not likely this college student is using it for medical purposes. Personal choices are not relevant unless they are illegal, in which case it matters. Cardinal requires all contract companies to drug test and drug tests all employees. If you slip in you lucked out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen up 'loser' - what kind of judgmental fool are you exactly? I'm probably in a different division than you, hopefully; but you need to calm the f down and maybe take up smoking some weed, immediately.
    And let's remember that alcohol was illegal in the 1920s and 1930s. And opium wasn't made illegal until 1908, so really fool, is that going to be your basis for judgement? Maybe law enforcement would be a better career path for you....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will only drug test you...please go away and pester Medline--you sound like you'd fit in perfectly. And keep smoking the weed when they hire you to sweep the floors in Mundelin.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And be prepared for a colonoscopy, too--new policy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, on the first day and again on the second day.