NAMSR

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a veteran in the industry for 14 years (Cardio 8, Orthopedics 6) I can tell you honestly that the industry is growing rapidly. I have hundreds of colleagues in the industry and what I have heard from them is that the majority of their companies are hiring presently. I recommend to other people all of the time to get into medical sales. It is a very technical industry and you must keep up with all of the new medical info and deal with changes in managed care. It is important for all reps to maintain Continuing Medical Education and my company always encourages getting more training. Anyone telling you otherwise must not be a current Medical Device Rep. Seek one out and ask them yourself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

glad to have found this, it seems the general consensus is that the RMSR certificate for the Medical Device sales industry is worth it. I had no idea one had to have a certificate for medical device sales. This sounds a bit more interesting than pharma. I had applied for a job here in Phoenix for a medical device sales job, but nothing came of it. Erica Jonas in Minnesota....how is the studying going? I dont quite understand about purchasing a recruiter???

Any other information on medical device sales? I am going to order the RMSR Training course today. I have the BA, over 14 years in one of the toughest sales area...automotive paint to collision centers....and the time to start on certification....ps, if anyone needs help when it comes to car paint let me know!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree my dad is a medical sales rep with Medtronic and he has recommended the RMSR certification to me and all others who inquire about starting a medical sales career.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR Certification and medical sales training course is an amazing way to break into medical sales, everything is pretty much what they say it is. I would completely recommend RMSR Certificaiton to anyone, but would advise to be ready to work as a medical rep so be prepared!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: NAMSR Schmamser

NAMSR SCHMAMSER...

I am the guy in the other NAMSR thread with 8yrs experience selling analytical capital equipment and took the NAMSR test (was a piece of cake!) after less than 10 hrs of prep and got a 97%. I have sales awards and was typically in the top 10-20%. Why can't I snag any medical sales jobs? Not for lack of trying either.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe caus this industry doesn't know crap about who to hire. Its all bullshit.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd love to understand what's going on there!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My brother works for Cordis and he told me that they are requesting that all of their new sales applicants complete the RMSR medical sales training course. I doubt they would request that unless it was accredited.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do I need to go to www.medicalsalescareer.com or are there other places to take it?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one has to go into an interview rather humble. Your posts suggests you pontificate a lot. And I bet your resume' is totally full of stuff. Take some of it out; leave somthing to the imagination.

11. Gail -RMSR

Gail -RMSR Guest

Are you interviewing with their Orthopedic Division. If so let me know how you do. I am on interview # 3 for Atlanta, GA terrtory.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just interviewed with Medtronic and they were excited about my selling skills and my RMSR Certification. Does Stryker also require the RMSR Certification?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do I need the RMSR Certification if I want to work in surgical supplies?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a very strong medical background but I need career advancement and ability to work more independently. I plan to take the RMSR but I'm worried this won't be enough with such little sales experience that I have; even though my medical knowledge is pretty extensive. I certainly have the right personality and knowledge for the industry but the question is will my lack of sales experience make the RMSR a total waste of my time? Thanks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will need your RMSR Certification if you lack any medical devices sales experience.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any medical device company that you interview with will always ask for or expect that you have your RMSR Certification. Anyone, in this blog stating otherwise is certainly misinformed or ignorant. Companies require medical device industry knowledge and/or training from applicants, just try getting interviews without it as it will not happen. So just ask the Human Resource staff at medical device companies and they will tell you to get your RMSR Certification.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have a degree and received my RMSR about 3 years ago. I work for a Cardiology company presently but looking to get into Orthopaedics. If anyone hears anything please post here. The RMSR programs is very valid and they have good leads for people looking to break into a medical sales career.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is always a risk when taking a course from an institution that you probably know very little about. Certainly, the National Association of Medical Sales Reps is well recognized by medical device companies and the industry sales reps. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Because of what I heard from some medical device reps, I felt that it would be o.k. but still I was nervous that it could turn out to be a Mickey Mouse course. Paying for the course ($245) can be an expensive endeavor for some of us.

As an experienced business woman, I was feeling a little cynical, but actually the RMSR course exceeded my expectations. I found all of the industry information to be comprehensive, informative, enlightening and really preparing students to have a good foundation prior to embarking into this very tecnical business.

I would certainly recommend the RMSR course because not only did I learn alot but it did lead to me accepting a medical device sales rep position. I have read some negative comments above and believe me there is no way that any medical company would look at industry training and education as a negative. Those comments are from misinformed bloggers. The RMSR Certification was certainly the main factor in obtaining my initial interviews with over 5 different medical equipment companies. I will tell you that I was offered a job because I interview very well. I typically do not respond to these type of blogs but felt that someone needed to set the record straight here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, certification training listed on your resume demonstrates your education, technical skills and ability to sell medical devices; this is no small task in the medical industry where skills can become obsolete as quickly as they became cutting edge. Second, it shows that you take initiative, a trait many employers look for. The medical field continues to be a worker's market. Almost anyone who's any good at all is able to get work. But when it comes to landing just the position you're after, you'll always benefit by differentiating yourself from your competitors, especially when it comes to the more desirable positions. Usually those with higher salaries and cutting edge work will have plenty of applicants lining up for consideration. Picture a hiring manager sorting through a pile of resumes, searching for clues that elevate one candidate above another.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are legit, but why pay all that money when you can use medjobsinc.com and get a ton more jobs from that site