Hey DeBoda

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 19, 2015 at 8:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So for the last two years we have been busting ass for you and upper management to deliver in spite of all of the obstructions and disruptions that have been piled in front of us. We blew through Hercules and hurdled over the noise of the acquisition and integration.

It is demoralizing and disheartening that you have lost sight on the business in favor of making yourself look good in the short term. You can not slash our budgets to the bone with impunity, there will be repercussions. You have halted forward progress and demoralized your team with these moves. It was NOT a good or welcomed message.

Of all people I would expect you to know that when your army is charging forward you don't shut off the supply lines. There may no be immediate effect but downstream you will see the effects of stunting the sales cycle and narrowing the top of the funnel.

I thought that the transition to Medtronic was supposed to enhance our ability to look at the long game and not just quarter's end.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No offense, but when did you start thinking that Management cares a rast ass about its salesforce? ALL they care about is hitting Qtrly numbers for their bonuses

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nothing to do with MDT, we (ex COV) are doing this to our self.

We need to show that we are worth the acquisition. Is everyone clear? Continue working my beloved salesforce.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel bad for you. You must have a weak moron manager. The message I heard was that we are crushing our number, and if you need resources to continue to crush your number use them. However, the internal support teams who help us, aren't bonused on sales dollars, they are bonused on things like margin growth etc. So we've been asked to slow expense spending for 6 weeks through the end of the fiscal. I can live with that, considering all the $$$'s I'm making!

Original poster, consider asking some reps from a different region if they have the same mentality as you. You may find a different message.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did I miss a conference call or something?

6. Disenchanted

Disenchanted Guest

So, where's the comp plan? You've had a whole quarter and nada. "The new Medtronic" is appearing to be even less employee focused than the "Old Covidien." So much for being the guy who champions for the field and cuts through the BS. Maybe we could have another pay cut or the company could pocket another week's pay instead?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely, you don't seriously think tha Deboda, Barry or any of the other members of senior leadership give a rats ass about their decisions affect "the field". It's all about hitting their quarterly goals, looking good for their new masters at MDT and feeding their massive egos. You are lucky to have this job, and you serve at their pleasure. Don't forget it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as they make their bonuses.... everything else doesn't matter.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The answer to your questions will be revealed on Thursday. We had to get all of the first quarter results squared away before we could finalize the comp plan. The most important thing is delivering results to The Street, so we have to make sure that the sales org payroll isn't going to be a hindrance to profits before we set commission rates.

That said, get ready to make some serious money! You'll just need to finish 120% to plan and hit all your buckets!!!

11. Hirsch

Hirsch Guest

They've managed to raise the hurdles, increase the number of hoops too jump through and lower the payouts. Cant wait to see how they spin this one. F@ck1ng bullshit.

Record sales and cut field comp...... f&ck1ng greedy bastards.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And let's not forget that the quota increment was jacked way up for this year too. Same growth in 16 will pay half of what it did in 15. Hope the cluster of a training dept can handle the coming turnover.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't see the point of having an "all field" conference call today since the RMs already had to roll this turd out. Should be entertaining...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He needs to go. Just another talking head now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After going through multiple acquisitions and re-orgs, this should not be something new to anyone. All ex COV, all the way up to Brian, are just placed there as puppets.

The question is, are you ready for the ride?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as all the senior leaderships are making their bonuses, it doesn't matter what the opinions of the sales minions are.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely!