Myriad Competitors

Discussion in 'Myriad Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are Myriad's Top 5 Competitors? Serious answers only please. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No clear cut front runner yet. Depends on territory. Overall quest has most potential to penetrate due to size and access.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which potential Myriad competitors do Myriad employees believe will emerge as their top competition?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The government.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one! Myriad is the best! Better turn around time, accuracy, and customer service!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, supreme court and all patent issues aside regardless of what you think about all of that, even though there are other labs offering tests for a little less money, if you needed hereditary cancer tests for you or a family member, you'd most likely want Myriad. I have yet to hear anyone say they'd trust that to another lab for BRCA testing for a family member. The other labs only get mentioned to theoretically save some patient some co-pay money. That's the view from where I sit, your mileage may vary.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shows you how bad myriad is for their reps to leave in packs for companies such as pathway.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha... Pathway is a joke.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know anything about Ambry? I was told their salesforce is expanding

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expanding, as is market share. Myriad is simply hurting themselves in the field, hence the reason Myriad reps are looking, daily.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathway...really, they are laying off their sales force and others are just leaving. You're as big a joke as they are.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MYRIAD ADD THIS TO YOUR LAWSUIT VS. PATHWAY, THEY ARE DELIBRATELY ATTACKING YOUR BUSINESS.

During the last week of September we heard of Rachel Greenberg (Miami Territory, SE Region) landing the first two BreastTrue tests in the nation. This was a great accomplishment that four launch effort with our new line of testing.

Just yesterday, we learned that Rachel has now generated a total of 6 BRCA tests (5 BreastTrue and 1 BRCATrue) through this key account which formerly used Myriad Genetics, Gynecologic Oncology Associates, in Hollywood FL.

I’ve asked Rachel to share her story, and the tactics she used, to land this highly productive account. Her response is as follows:

I used 5 main Tactics

1. Connection- building personal relationships with each staff person in Dr. Nguyen's office and remembering what I learned in the first year of sales that each person in the office is important!

2. Sharing my knowledge and confidence and belief in what I have learned about Pathways and the testing we offer.

3. Conveying the sales message in a convincing manner and gaining the Doctor's confidence to give Pathway a shot! This piece is important to get the Dr to see and agree with the benefits of using Pathway over the other companies and how our relationship and services will benefit his patients and will improve how he practices medicine.

4. Always ask for the business!!!! (Examples of my closes are: Is there anything more you need to know to start testing? Do you feel confident at this point? Will you start today with your next pt who meets criteria for Breast and ovarian hereditary cancer syndrome? "I know you have been testing with Myriad for 15 years, do you feel confident now to work with Pathway?"

5. Responsiveness and consistent follow-up from the next day after the lunches or last call. "So Dr. I saw you tried our BRCAtrue what did you think and now we have BreastTrue let me review when to order this multi-panel..." and for the MA (JC) "I just want to review how to properly process the testing..."

My tactics with this office are always supported by positive thinking, patience, genuineness and some good luck. I know that Pathway testing benefits the health of patients and facilitates important life saving medical management for patients!

I hope that this will help each one of you in some way. Wishing you all an abundance of BRCATrue and BreastTrue Sales and more!!!

Rachel, thank you for sharing your story and winning over repeat business from a Myriad account! Best practice sharing and highlighting success stories is great for the entire Sales team.

Great Selling to everyone!

Ed

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a pretty good summary, and general enough to apply to any selling

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do people this weird and dumb operate keyboards?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey everyone! It's zig zigler's less talented and narcissistic sister. Way to get one office to use your shitty knockoff product by "forming relationships." What a ground breaking concept. Oh shit, don't post how you did it!!?? Now what will myriad do!??! At least act like you've been there before even though you clearly haven't.