Bye-bye ironwood and linzess

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, what a rapid descent. Time to go for many of us who really thought this was the next Zelnorm. Oh well, we have perhaps 6-9 months. Time for the resume writing sessions!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you basing this on ? Earnings were above expectations today

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always great when your company loses 200M a year! Only matter of time and the next Forest acquisition will be...

Any guesses?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any start-up company will have costs that exceed revenues for a period. The more that you invest, the longer it will take to become solvent. Every quarter, Linzess sales grow by double-digit %'s and the scale slowly shifts to a revenue generating company. Nothing new. No concerns.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does the sand look that far down under ground with your head buried in it? Unfrickinbelieveable. Don't even know where to start with your uneducated and ignorant post.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know. Maybe some contradictory facts, examples, etc might be good? If you think that a young company that has spent 12 years investing in the development of a new drug molecule and then investing in bringing that molecule to market as a new product will be profitable from Day 1, then you are an idiot.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that linzess sales are growing but ironwood is burning through obscene amounts of cash.. 200 million plus per year:: they will need to make some tough decisions soon as there is not an unlimited supply of cash.. And it will run out:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree Ironwood/Linzess would be for sale but around $35 a share. Ironwood has other indications coming for Linzess and other drugs in the pipeline, they would still want to be able to do R & D for a larger pharmaceutical company, question is who is willing to pay that much per share to buy them? This drug will be $1 billion, but that is a minimum of 3+ years or more and depending on the other indications that the FDA approves, so a lot of speculation but I agree if DTC doesn't work that Ironwood/Linzess would listen to offers. Now that Forest bought Furiex that has a IBS-D drug maybe Actavis will buy Synergy and have the whole GI of Chronic Ideopathic Constipation and also Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation market, makes sense and time will tell, be interesting to see what happens over the next few months with DTC and if sales increase 30% like Zelnorm did when they did DTC, next 3-4 months very crucial!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said, totally agree!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every newer company operates at a deficit as their product revenue grows slowly in early stages. Eventually, there is a tipping point where revenues surpass expenses and profitability ensues. Basic stuff. So, You meant bye-bye Amitiza, right? Linzess is beginning to surpass Amitiza in MS% in numerous areas, forecasted to earn more in year 2 than Amitiza did in year 7, and the IRWD stock keeps rising. Good call, moron!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see:

IRWD stock has been gaining past week.

IRWD just gave employees off the Christmas week here in the US.

Q3 comp plan finally contains kickers and bonus structure for top performers to make some real $$$ for performance.

VP of Sales has begun the process of putting a career development plan in place for field sales employees to advance their careers.

Looking pretty damn good at Ironwood, how's that greener grass for all the folks who jumped ship?!?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations /: you now have things that every single Big Pharma company has had in place for 30 years... Welcome to the big pharma party .. Let me know how that career development goes...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vp sales, Rob Tallman??? Career plan aka metrics for when you don't do the job you get canned. He's your problem now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metrics as in what? Synching every day, SEI on hitting so many targets a month? Percent to goal be above national goal? Please fill us in on this Rob guy, thanks.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need serious answers please, although doubtful to get and those will also ask why I came here for that, but anyway I will give it a shot.

My company sucks, so am up for a job here. I see the complaints, but whats it like working with Forest reps, they suck I know that, but are you tripping over each other? Do you have equal say or are they calling the shots. Do you have to work with their management team at all, because again forest is the absolute worst and now that they have merged with actavis it will only get worse.

Need some real input if at all possible.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ironwood management is solid. We answer to them. They are just as annoyed as we are with them. One forest specialty rep calls on GI's too and one primary care rep calls on a few gi docs. All in all this is a good company, good pay good people good benefits I would rather not have forest but it's doable. The drug is an easy sell best in class no safety issues good coverage. One pill a day.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the original "hires"- the Woodies, were the original employees at Ironwood, things were great. We are the best and the brightest the pharma industry has to offer! It was like a rocket to the moon!
    I'm so sorry things have deteriorated to the point that all the best have gone away!
    Where indeed, have all the flowers gone, long- time passing?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously get over yourself and have a reality check.. This company never had the best of the best of anything .. They hired a bunch of retread Gi Reps from takeda and other big pharma companies. Being the best of the best is a drastic overstatement.. Your selling a constipation pill to Gi and primary care relax buddy

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if we aren't the best you sure as shit are below us hence trolling a board you don't work at loser.