Interviewing

Discussion in 'Ferring' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an upcoming interview with the Urology division. What is your impression of the company and division? Also what is the impression of Firmagon from you physicians? has the company addressed the IC situation i keep reading about?

Thanks in advance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off- are you out of your mind? Do yourself a favor and do two things
    1) go talk to the practice Administrator at the closest Urology group about Firmagon..there perspective..their use of, etc. have them show you there orders for past two years.
    2) make the regional show you the bonuses paid out to territory in past year. Ask who biggest account is in territory...then contrast with goals for quarter.
    After this...get up and slap the manager in the face for trying to bring you into a career damaging role. Other than this........... Good luck... Where?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Injection site reactions aren't a big deal generally. Bad technique is the number one cause.

Find out if the territory has ever had business. If it hasn't don't bother.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Injection site is a red herring... Firmagon is a loser because it's a financial loser to a Urology practices. The slight benefit is not worth the very slight profit. In most cases the lose money to do the injections...doctors not fond of this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats not true. you are a silly doody head. My doctors love Firmagon. I give my doctors information about Firmagon. They like me. and they like Firmagon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great. It's that idiot from corporate again.

OP- this guy should be proof enough that you don't want to be here. Uro and GI are the worst divisions in this company. Unless you are unemployed- do NOT come here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster speaks the truth! It's a shit house run by creepy turds! For example Andy Scoular and Rick Rice, both complete incompetent morons who hide there failures of work history!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They cannot hide a thing, neither of them! All Ferring Urology sees what complete douchebags they are

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good news for you Andy won't be in uro anymore

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is a serious inquiry - it is what you make it. There is no magic pill. Its not easy but it's not impossible. Those that succeed in selling firmagon are those that embrace the challenges that come with this drug. Its not easy but it is rewarding and if you read the boards on any drug or company on this website, its highly unlikely to find any positive feedback on the drugs or companies one may be looking to join or sell. I wouldn't concern myself with the offices in your territory but rather the turn over in your territory. If you're looking for an easy sale, this is not the drug. If you're looking for a challenge and are willing to roll your sleeves up and make it work or at least give it your best to make it work, sign right up. Good luck either way.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it were me, I'd stay far far away from this rat hole

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eyes wide open. Ask the interviewing rm. why the territory is open? Ask who the top purchasers are. Ask about the territory growth year on year! Have the rm show you the bonus payout for the territory past 6-8 qtrs. go speak to these key accounts. then run like hell!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that statement speaks volumes and reflects the level of arrogance Ferring has. Don't be concerned with what offices (ie the customer) thinks because that's not important. That reflects the attitude that the home office has about customers and the field. If that is what you want to be a part of, well come join the circus.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP Here

Waiting to hear from HR regarding Salary I have 4 years experience selling injectables and 20 years in the industry, any ideas on salary ranges. like any company good and bad, I feel Ferring fits that category.

Thanks again

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

probably 70-100

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying it's impossible, but I don't think 90-100 base is realistic. I get that some reps make more, generally based on current position, current salary, and years of experience. However, I would be surprised to see an offer that's more than mid to high 80's.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Little skeptical of this. If you have 20 years of pharma sales with 4 years of specialty injectables, you should have a base well over 100K. That is outside the range of what Ferring would pay a new hire and I don't know many recent hires at Ferring that joined with 20 years experience in sales. So I'm surprised they would even interview you.

If you are not exaggerating (and your injectable experience is truly a specialty injectable) I would absolutely look else where even if you are currently out of a job. You will take a lower base and once you leave, that base salary becomes your benchmark for future offers. There are other specialty positions that will pay $100-$120K base or MORE. While Firmagon is an injectable, it is not a scientific sale. I mean how many other specialty injectables offer such a low base? If you were looking to get into specialty sales and want to use Ferring as a springboard to get into more lucrative positions with other companies, I would say go for it. That is not your situation.

Firmagon competes in a commodity market place, but Ferring's commodity offers no patient advantages and is a hassle for the offices. The reimbursement for most offices isn't worth the hassle especially since there is no proven clinical advantage that actually matters for the patient.

As others have suggested, go to your urology offices and ask them about Firmagon. While every board on CafePharma has the kool-aid drinkers and the pissed-off reps, the customer (the urology office) has no interest whether you take the job or not. And if you take the job, they will be the ones you will work with, so isn't their opinion the most important?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're paying mercenaries from other bowel prep companies more than you'd like to know.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know several offers that have gone out to Moviprep and Suprep reps, but the base was less than 90. In fact, the recent new hire down in TX left Ferring to take more money at Salix. Ferring pays better than Braintree but that's about it. Again, I don't know everyone's salaries but I have yet to hear of someone making over a 90 base.

The best bet would be people keeping their salary information to themselves. It makes current reps furious when they find out new hires, sometimes with less experience, are making more money than them. I have never shared my base salary, even with those I'm closest with on my team. It's just a bad move- no one benefits.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took a job here in GI. I was made an offer that was low and they would not negotiate. I get thinking your company is great however, I think this company is its own worse emery. Why have managers if HR runs everything? If you want to keep your talent not waste Training and interviewing money pay your people.