Opening in Orlando

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I recognize the CP is not necessarily the place for accurate information, I am hoping that I can receive some insights. The drug seems like a good one to promote. Any advice on the success in promoting Vivitrol is appreciated. It seems that a lot of good reps left Alkermes in 2013-2014, any reason? How is coverage? How attainable are the goals and what are realistic bonuses.

Any thoughts on the future of Alkermes, I would obviously prefer to go to a company with a future. Thanks for your replies

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep left for position at BDSI probably for more $$$

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what BDSI is paying. I am at 100k and 30k in yrly bonus at my employer, was interested on the Orlando position w Alkermes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good gig- DM was an issue (no longer with company either).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old DM was crazy but I've heard the new Director is worse and now he's hired one of his buddies from Pfizer to be the new DM. They are going to change the culture at Alkermes. Welcome to micromanagement!!!! I talked to a buddy of mine who said that half the Southeast sent out resumes the day he was announced as the new DM. I would run, not walk from any position in the Southeast unless you like tons of useless reports and a bunch of ridiculous conference calls.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks very much. I want nothing to do with anything Pfizer. Get ready for calls per day mindless reports etc. What is the overall culture at Alkermes. I have a co-worker considering a job w Alkermes in Northeast.. Are bonuses of 40-60k realistic? Thanks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that bonus range is doable. potentially even higher if you do very well. The Northeast has a great Director, MB, and good DMs also. I would definitely suggest that your friend apply for a position in the Northeast. In the Southeast, NO WAY!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am confused by this statement. Has a new DBL for Vivitrol been announced? Do you have a name?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, he started last week. His name is Mark Whalen, from Pfizer

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark Whalen is awesome. You will really like him. If you want to leave before meeting him then good riddance, get out of the industry.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He certainly sounds like an impressive guy on paper.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. The new guy is Jon Coktoasten. Cut his teeth as a manager for GSK in Stockton, CA. Moved to Forida 2 years ago. Heard he is tough but fair. Hope that helps..

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be confused. The SE Vivitrol DBL is Mark Whalen. The Florida DBL for the launch position hasn't yet been announced at least to those of us in the company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, Mark was let go and Jon is now in charge.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not possible! Mark was hired a week ago!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude! There was an issue with his background check. Announcement will be made on Monday.

HR

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are FOS. JG worked with him for decades. Straight arrow. Please.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen dude! I am Jon Coktoasten and I am starting tomorrow. Deal with it!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orlando team had our first conf call with our new boss Jon today. Very good guy. He has high expectations but seems fair. Other than an odd last name (Coktoasten) seems to be the real deal. When asked what kind of name is Coktoasten, he simply said "Scottish-Indian".