Project Endurance - Laid Off - Reorganization - Morale

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, what do you think of the management decisions for Project Endurance?
    Did they do what they breach?
    How about that laid off?
    What do you think of the new organizational structure for your job functions?
    Aren't we all happy now?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad Nate and the wicked witch of the south is gone.
    Change for the better

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Restructuring had to come. We were running too fat. Lost some good people but also retained some good people. A lot of dead wood gone. Difficult decisions made. Now looking to the future. Morale slowly on the up but not everywhere. Need the leaders to lead and make those changes to simplify the bureaucracy. Cautiously optimistic here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Morale is on the up? Nobody wants to be here anymore. The majority of the people that were retained are all secretly looking for jobs elsewhere. Wake up and smell the Combigan.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post and just because you were retained, do you really think upper management thinks any more or better of you? They will not hesitate to get rid of you either and without conscience. Were you not at the endurance meeting? The company pretends to care about you but they really don't. Don't think of retention as a good thing. Most of the area managers from all divisions were retained and they are completely dead weight.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BullShit. We are proud to be here and we are fighting this ALL the way.
    FUCK YOU Ackjass & Fatman. Shame on you and your lies.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're probably safe from the recent lay off. You sounds like a little good trooper for your great leaders at Allergan who just can't have enough of your talents and passion. They do retain and value smart people here at Allergan. Don't worry, they'll promote you to be our next great leader. Such smart little obedience trooper you are, they just love you there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. Finally someone who can see through all the lies and management bullshits. At least brave enough to admit the obvious. For those who are and love your dead weights, your great leaders like you to know that you're loved and appreciated for your dedication. Stay focus.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

View from Marlow

Endurance was just a numbers game here, they cut roles and didn't think about the people in those roles.
    Problem is that they have now discovered they kept people who are out of their depth & canned people who could have done a better job.

They called it Endurance because many of us that are left will have to endure incompetence for the foreseeable future. Those that left got paid off & we have to pick up the pieces.

Allergan will never be the same again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems it's not permitted to try and be positive on here. Leaving you to wallow in your misery. I prefer to be upbeat.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad but true. Such a fine place to work. Those that can do now left to endure for now. By end of Nov we'll see. It's not over yet.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All About opinions.....endurance has affected people in different ways. Many people have had promotions, many are being asked to step up without improving grade.

Glad your OK, but for some people life has just got a lot harder & with all the takeover rumours it is hard to stay focussed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not about being okay or not. Life is harder and certainly different and its okay to have mixed feelings but surely better to have a positive approach.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

List 3 things to be positive about!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Our products help patients
    2. We are still getting paid
    3. We are free to leave if we are unhappy here...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old bags are having b-tox parties
    I wasn't laid off (yet)
    I could leave but my Managment sucked the like out of me without investing anything in my development. I'm better off taking enhanced severance.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i want severance because i have been here forever and have earned but they won't fire me. i want to go somewhere else but i'm leaving without an offer.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Morale, on the up? I disagree.

For my own good I won't get that specific, but...my department was understaffed BEFORE all of this started, but they had been promising to bring us back up to proper staffing. Not gonna happen now. I'd say that the pay is competitive, but the people on my team have been stretched thin for years and the stress is taking its toll. We can't get people to stick around long enough to become experienced.

I concur with another poster who said that Endurance was all a numbers game. I don't think that the cuts were focused on getting rid of dead wood. I think that they cut dead wood where they would, but they had to excise a lot of perfectly useful resources and employees just so that they could turn around to the shareholders and say (ironically) "See? We can recklessly cut the crap out of our costs too, we don't need Valeant for that!"

On top of that, our health and financial benefits have been affected. Benefits being a part of compensation, any decrease in benefits is essentially a pay cut. If you want to give employees incentive to stick around through layoffs, chances are that reducing incentives is not a recipe for morale boost, no matter how necessary it may be.

There are plenty of people in our less-affected locations who were not paying attention to this whole mess, and thus their morale was not particularly swayed either way. Now that it's actually having a material effect on their lives, though, there are a lot more people who care. And they are not happy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Our products help patients..."

So did the same products 3 re-formulations ago...the company is about the bottom line...period.
    Having worked at Allergan, and elsewhere...there is a definite difference in the mentality of a company ran by management that pursues benefits for patients and a company that is 100% about generating as much revenue as possible. Allergan is the latter.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously....................? Have you EVER taken a business class in your life? A company's purpose is to generate as much revenue as possible. In order to do that you have to make a product that creates a benefit or need. They are NOT mutually exclusive.