Tecfidera - confirmed PML case

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tomorrows earning call is not one to miss! Can't wait to hear all the excuses and figure out how to explain this to my Drs. Endorse trial---confirmed patient with PML that was being treated with Tecfidera.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grow up you loser.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The tip of the iceberg?!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all over the news....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more to follow. I'm sure the PR department is working overtime to spin this story anyways.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4.5 years out....wow! Could be trouble for a lot of patients. Another reason we need long term safety data in choosing a med.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would we ever worry about long term safety data on our drugs...never got in the way in the past, especially when we count our bonuses. Look at the killing we've made on Tysabri and how many patients ended up with PML with that drug. Just keep crossing the palms of our docs with the green and we'll never have to worry.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's common sense that any drug that makes a patient leucopenic can bring on secondary infections. Biogen just needs to change the label to monitoring every three months with a warning to remove drug when patient goes leucopenic.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or has his brain turn to jello from PML!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I live hearing the spin from "bought and paid" buy often customers. I hope they go back and look at the other death in more detail. If you remember, that one was quickly put to bed as pneumonia death as well. This company is so unethical.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading how your company operates, i am so grateful that I never switched to your Tecidera. i have been on Betaseron since it first came out in 92. The injections have gotten olD, but i am still healthy and doing great.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this company is all about the $$$$, they can care less about patients. Whenever an MS doc recommends a biogen drug, chances are Biogen paid for the building you are sitiing in.

Ever want updates on Biogen? don't bother looking in medical publications, Forbes and Wall street Journal is where you will hear the info first.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting, I guess the Cleveland clinic was ahead of the game here since they were doing JC virus test for all their Tecfidera patients... If you dig through the studies the inconsistent efficacy results that were pooled. ( a pharma word for cherry picked) the benefit risk ratio doesn't add up.......

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cherry picks better than Buyogen.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a doc who is testing all tec patients for jc virus and removing any positives. He claimed for safety reasons. If you were in my shoes how would you fight this.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same here. I have several doctors in my territory testing ALL of their Tecfidera patients for JC Virus.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard there is a second confirmed PML case in the US. Anyone else hear the same?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, SLC one of John Foley's patients....again.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard same thing about second reported case

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you have a clean PI! No contraindications? The mystery death in May was due to pneumonia, not the drug?... Unbelievable! I guess pal was the patients fault, not Biogen