BSX Spectra

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2013 at 1:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so fast, my friend. our Comrades at STJ ( at least in our neck of the woods) started the price wars on trials, which raised a red flag at CMS; actively promoted PNS, PFS, and Tripoles, which lowered trial to perm ratios, not to mention the fact that their products are riddled with quality issues and they have a warning letter hanging over their heads like the Sword of Damacles. At least MDT is Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with MRI and AdaptiveStim... But neither company can deny that they've been out-engineered by Spectra. Long term targeted pain relief is the name of the game and you guys will have to rely on dumb-dumb doctors you've got in the bag. Yes, every company has it's own problems, but thank the stars your problems are not our problems.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You talk a pretty good game my friend but what is the great wonder BSX going to do when Nevro and others come out? That will be some game changing technology!!
    High frequency with no tingling that will be the ticket.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spectra rules the day...don't forget it

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean Never Ro

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhh haaaaa hhaaa ha ha. A STJ rep saying Spectra is a joke. Aghhh ha LMAO LMAO!!!

Can you say FDA warning letter? What happened to your quality? What happened to your battery? Dude? Are you smoking??

In fact the main rep for SoCal defected to BSX and she said "Wow they totally had me duped at STJ . . .they convinced me that BSX stuff was smoke and mirrors . . .now I finally see the difference."

STJ reps know what is the best but you can't slam what your'e selling so I get it do your thing. But to be in the dark as to Spectra is just sad. It is unbelievable and Ive put all 3 systems in, nothing comes close. Until you see it you can't rag on it, and last time i check MDT and STJ have done nothing but put lipstick on a pig.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you bring randomized, controlled, double-blinded (AKA: Level 1) clinical evidence to support a product release let me know. I really would like to see the results.

Everything BSX brings to the field is marketing speak and nothing better. You may be slick in messaging, but that's only because you can't recruit facts to back up the effluent you spew.

Show me a single head-to-head study supporting your assertions regarding Medtronic and/or St Jude devices when they compare to yours. Make sure to control for pathology, lead placement level, physician, MRI conditional approval,and device type. Good luck making a head-to-head comparing against Medtronic's Restore Sensor device... because you can't.

What happens when the patient you've got programmed at 7 volts lies down?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you say 32????? It's over. Finally. Done. Finished. We just won. MDT and St. Jude, you're done. We'd be happy to consider all your reps for CS positions over here. We're going be busy so we can use more grunts like you to help our world class sales force. Please call HR for more details. Thank you

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Might be over, done & finished. But still making more $$$ over here as compared to that sweat shop where you work. Enjoy your leadership position as your compensation continues to be squeezed. Your company knows they don't have to pay top $$$ for representation when the technology sells itself. Play for the underdog who remains just stupid enough to continue to pay top $$$ for any kind of share

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated and spot on correct. So, what do you think the average $$ a rep makes at each of the three SCS companies? My guess is STJ is at the top, followed by MDT, then BSC. Average rep $$ probably $150K at plan? Been awhile since I have been in that space but I am guessing those numbers are fairly close or am I to set the meth pipe down and recalculate?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a CS @ MDT and making 110. 7 hour days aren't bad, either. Quality of life matters.

Oh... that - and evidence. You know, the very thing the BSX entire portfolio lacks? Must feel good blowing smoke where the sun doesn't shine to sell products. Chumps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What "evidence"?! Since when has anyone in the neuromodulation market delivered any type of Class 1 evidence for SCS?!! You need to have a better understanding of evidence and its scientific definition before you pop-off, Genius.
    Go get your nails done

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my, my, my....you device people are all about the money aren't you? You silly little boys and girls. I've got your number...always have. must say though, it's pretty shocking to see it all in black and white. grow up!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get lost Dbag

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's evidence?? What evidence do you have that Restore is better than Spectra? Or Protege? At least BSX has OMG to show a difference. Ask the BSX rep if you can be in the room when it's used. No leading statements, not playing with rates (I assume MDT can change rates too)... Just better coverage, better feel...don't let the patient see the remote!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spectra was approved as a non-inferior conventional stimulation device. Restore Sensor was teste against a conventional stimulation device and shown to be superior. There is no clinical study on file differentiating Spectra from Restore or any other conventional stimulation device.

The few times I've seen an OMG trying to beat MDT in a trial, it hasn't worked. Maybe it works for some reps on some patients, but I'd rather offer patients a full body MR conditional device, recharging while sleeping, and a device that delivers better pain relief. So would the clinicians in my area.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG and its use is nothing more than smoke in mirrors. Its ridiculous and customers are on to it. Restore is heralded as the best of the best neuroregulators and will be tough to beat.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear that are rumors inside Boston Scientific that both spectra and their DBS units are defective and documents are available to prove that

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest