SICD

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy crap this is going to be big. MDT and Sjm tho is your come to Jesus moment. The market for traditional ICD's has shrinked. Good luck. I am so happy that I stuck it out. This is the place to be, and I be mother F-ER!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that!! From the UK study of 111 pts
    82% had a niche indication
    15% of pt had an inappropriate shock at one year!!
    17% of pts had a reoperation
    9% needed the system removed!!
    No ATP
    No Pacing

Now please tell me two things 1st is this really a step forward.
    And can you truthfully tell everyone here that you would recommend this for one
    Of your family members!! Mother-in-laws excluded from your decision

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try loser. ALL my customers are begging for this. This is the future. We are well on the way to life without tv leads and systems. Have fun w Riata, Durata, and fidelis. Would you want your Anika to have an extraction after 60 inappropriate shocks? Not me :) have fun fighting this. You've already lost the battle. Btw 0 explants for Brady indications and ATP was delivered in only 4% of pts in the madit RIT trial. Do your homework.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't you guys had this since September?

I hear what you're saying on alot of this stuff, but I can tell you that any EP who has had a patient converted with ATP will deliberate on whether abandoning that possibility is really the right thing for ALL or even a majority of his patients. MADIT may have shown only 4%, but I have only been in devices for 10 years and even I have seen enough IEGM's documenting successful ATP conversions to know I would prefer that in my chest.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Without the capabilities to pace, you might as well be implanting a lifevest. This is a horrific device you are selling to the CARDIOLOGISTS, as any EP in their right mind would not consider this for permanent implant. Keep drinking the kool aid. How many patients with low ejection fractions require meds that can decrease their chronotropic competence or lowers heart rate? So what then? Go back to the eighties, and put a pacer on the other side. Go sell your YUGO somewhere else. Don't you care about the patient anymore? Obviously not looking out for their best interest.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are completely uninformed. Data is mounting.

I would love to be your competitor.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are my competitor, and for that, I thank you. Misinformed, eh, I don't think so. I do understand electrophysiology and indications for implant. I do understand the clinical aspects of patient and the treatment of heart disease. Well, let's say, I'm a pretty smart guy. You seem young into this field. As stated above, no one ,in their right mind, would put this in their family member. A patient, maybe, if the study paid enough. At least with life vest you can take it off. This is barbaric and too behind the times. The risks out way the benefits. This is a non issue to everyone in the field. Bring something to the table that is hot, not cold as an ice cube, then we can talk.

SICD (Sorry I Cant Deifibrillate)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"out way?"

You said you were a pretty smart guy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Behind the times? Why is your company working on one? Risks? Let's talk about the risks with traditional implants (perf, tamp, fracture, externalized, inappropriate therapy with failed leads, systemic infection, vegetation on the lead, extraction risks, etc.) - all of which are negated with sub-q ICD. Your customers are smarter than you and will use it.

Non issue to everyone in the field? I'm sure you're developing a plan to combat this non-issue. If not, you better start working on one.

(Drops mic and walks off the stage)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 2 doctors that implant this for 8 million ppl in my metro. And you can have those assholes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my, you are a loser.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Tell me BSC, how many have you personally implanted, and was there great success in your follow ups? Can you put it in a thin person? What are the successful DFT # in the trials? Migration issues? Painful to patient. Infection? Oh, how successful is the ATP schemes in preventing a shock? Can you post shock pace?

You guys are grasping at straws. We have bigger fish to fry. You should rename your position from sales rep to archaeologists, you will be digging up these artifacts. What a shame. You know better than that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive had quite a few EP's tell me that they are scared of 30-40 second charge times. You guys bought this because you have no engineers left. You can't develop anything new. Dextrous anyone?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Success at follow up? Not sure of the question, but I've seen converted episodes.
    Thin person? Yes, with great success.
    DFT# in trial? You can read the trial yourself. 100% conversion
    Painful? Perhaps a bit more than trans venous, but less painful than failed leads with inappropriate shocks or extraction of trans venous
    Infection. No more than today's trans venous, and much easier to treat
    ATP? Not available
    Post shock pacing? Yes

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy makes a few good points. It's being used in my territory, but the docs are using it for patients where infection risk is high or there is access issues.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who manufactures your S-ICD Lead?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no ATP
    no back up pacing
    no remote monitoring
    half the battery life
    twice the size
    no HF management
    no AF detection
    and twice the cost

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

t wave oversensing issue

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who defends BSCI CRM products are ignorant at best.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All negative posts here are uneducated and defensive. I have been to phys training and have seen the data. Bottom line this is the future, it's very safe and effective, and the physicians are very excited about it. Mdt is working on another attempt and I wonder why. I remember stj reps telling me CRT was voodoo medicine. I can't help but to be reminded of those days when I read these desperate attempts to discredit this therapy. Some of the posts are so inaccurate that it's pointless to try to educate you folks. Anyway this is just the beginning of an amazing run as we transform the way we all look at tachy therapy. My friends in a few short years it will be barbaric to use a TV lead. :)