female sales rep sues

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't you learned, do not work with them and never help them let them flounder

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one woman who was pushed out. Excellent worker and the manager purposely ignored issues that I requested verbally and in writing be addressed. A clean and convenient way to push me out by ignoring issues. Very disturbing to know some managers here do not have a shed of conscience. I do not believe this would have been done to any one of them men. I also know the men would not put up with this type of negligence on the part of the manger. For some men they take advantage of being able to manipulate situations to their benefit and when they know someone has little recourse they do as they please.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well ladies, I guess you wouldn't fare any better were you at the other 'M' as in Microsoft. Did anyone happen to hear their buffoon of a CEO addressing a women's conference.....unbelievable. He counseled women against asking for a pay raise and instead, leaving it up to Karma to take care of your worthy job efforts. I could not believe it and I have testicles, not ovaries.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: female sales rep dude

Hey, Mr Manager will you hire me?

I am qualified and worth the money! The gates are closed and seem sealed and locked for those some of us waiting for a spot. Something seems very shady ...managers seem to be playing favorites, not fairness.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the backdrop to your issue, as well as, many others. First line managers do not have much control over the hiring process. All directives come down from HR and upper management and quotas must be maintained and not out of fairness. Numbers dictate access to gov't contracting and Merck is not willing to buck that issue. I was forced to hire unsuitable and under qualified individuals over , in some cases, "overly" qualified people.
    Another interesting note, not too many years ago the company was having a difficult time hiring white males because the word was out that they would be marching uphill in attempting to establish a career within Merck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My experience after 30 years in field sales has been an ever expanding % percentage of female reps, managers, DCOs, and VPs. In fact, when I was hired and introduced to the region several reps came to me aside from the rest to congratulate me as white males were hired very infrequently at that time. That trend has continued throughout my career in regards to hiring, promotion, bonus, NMIP, or whatever positive benefits could be bestowed upon a representative. After 1987 I never had a district that had more men than women in it. I have been in numerous districts where I was the only male member and even more districts where there were 2 or three men. One year my 4 person cluster was composed of 3 women and me and all three women were pregnant that year. Each one taking the maximum time they could possibly take off. At the end of that lengthy maternity leave two of the three decided that they would be stay at home mothers. I don't blame them for doing this but of course they were replaced by two more young women.
    Sexual discrimination occurs but I don't think women in general have had much to complain about in this regard in the last 30 years at Merck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow.....all this chaos in trying to get back in. Non-minority here and NO interviews to my last 5 applications. Not one! Qualified....plus some.

No offense, but how is this done? If minorities account for 10% of the population doesn't that mean 10% of jobs? If males and females are each 50% of the population doesn't that mean 50% of the jobs for each?

Some areas have opening with the same mix as they had before the cuts, yet stragglers are in the wings waiting to get back in. Why was it a good mix then, and now, its not? This is strange.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this does not appear to be the case in some areas. some reps and former managers have just slipped back in. friend in high places? seems so. people do need to be placed back in and its not happening.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was my experience, too. As a white male, I was considered lucky to get hired at Merck over a female/minority in 1980!! Of course, this was when the DM still had the ability to make the hiring decision and actually performed management functions rather than babysitting duties.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who looks around can see that certain others are pushed ahead at rocket speed, while some equally or more deserving are left behind. Almost like some chosen can do anything and achieve great heights. Some of the awards back this up; only certain people will or can receive them. In many ways its insulting to be handed anything when you know others have no chance or have a very different bar to achieve. Time to get back to treating everyone on equal par. No special anythings.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lowly scientist here. Question, are the women in sales really hot and do they put out, or what? I hope so, because the women in the labs are straight up dogs and there's no hanky panky going on anywhere in the dungeons of MRL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hanky panky vs. your job

Take the job. btw sales people have not time for handy anything.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The female reps Merck hired in the 80's looked and worked like their male counterparts. Many were tough, not too attractive, and take no prisoner type of women.

The female reps Merck brought in during the Ken and Barbie Revolution were good looking, sexy, and worth nothing when it came to selling. Many seemed to enjoy the dining and partying. They were the first to start bribing docs with fine wine.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FU

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reminds me of this nasty bitch I trained with in 1980 who held her own with the best of us "bastards" as she would say with a smile. She got the job done and owned the respect of everyone in our mostly male district. She could put away the booze, too. She worked as hard as anyone and made positive realistic and worthwhile contributions at meetings. She wasn't the type who would say nothing just to hear herself speak. She got promoted after 2 years and we all hated to see her go, nasty though she was.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The grass is always greener on the other side? The answer is,"No". Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wine was/is not the only thing used to bribe