Who really gets pushed out is a mystery..

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or is it?

Seems like some unlikely people were cut this last round. How the heck some managers decided on who should be cut is really a question. We look close and see some managers gave little consideration to putting on their specs or doing some drill down work before making the moves.....

The formula must be demystified! Its got to be more than those infamous numbers. Some heavy duty low rankers year after year are still trucking along and some moving into bigger and better gigs!

Any takers on answers to this complex question?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Answer= It is who the rep knows in headquarters. Good reps who have been around long enough and have various positions in the field know quite a few big shots in hq. They are always one move ahead and when turmoil strikes call some VP they know. A regular rep in the same territory for years with the same ole product hits a dead end. Who are they gonna call? Some local yocal ctl or dco? You gotta have an in with VP's and above which can be accomplished by a temporary assigment or special project at hq. Mystery solved.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Our CTLs were worthless this round of cuts. They didn't give a hoot about the people who were cut. And one or two are gone only to make a secure spot for a bud. Our ctls are a lot like peacocks. They like puffing themselves up with those ctl feathers. Excuse my visual analogy, but hey, they have attitude. Makes anyone wonder how some people get into management in the first place. Heartless, cold as a fish but as calculated as they come. After all they were able to get the result they wanted and stay among the privileged still in a job. The heck with anyone else.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And where are these jobs posted? I'm on line, like now!

Too many shark infested waters when you swim in these waters. You can lose more than your swim trunks from the kind of predators and rocky seas in this place.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true about CTLs don't ever try to think you are friends as they will manipulate you and get info out of you about others and then
    Trash you when your numbers are hurting the district.
    Most of the CTLs have some type of mental health issue and some I have had as managers needed some real help. The sad thing is reps in a district put up with it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, the reps put up with it then, eventually they may be put down from it.... and are soon gone.

If its not an "affected" managers it can be an "affected" coworker who is wicked in their ways and hell bent on getting out of their territory. Expect lies and plenty more to get you booted and gone. This can be a dangerous place for the unknowing, mild or meek.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They lay off the ones who are cheap to lay off and the ones who present potential lawsuits (sorry, white males, you don't qualify…ever). They push out the ones that would be expensive to lay off. It's much, much cheaper to get them to quit!!!! It's happened tens of thousands of times, in case you've been asleep in a cave over the last decade. Quite a company we have here, huh?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a mystery if you know the workings and utter failing of some managers...

Some stand up for their people, get to the bottom of situations and dive deep into problems. These uncover corruption at its roots. See an issue and turn it around. These are the managers to have.

Other managers take the EZ manage for EZ money approach. They do not know what is up or what is down with their team...and PS, they like it this way! They choose to be tuned out.

With them, work on the premise its curtains if a problem creeps up. Theses managers will never go the distance for you, they choose instead the EZ way! Don't expect these ctls to deep dive for answers, truths or solutions......instead they will just cast you aside for the cut. Hey, that's the EZ way! Run, and run very fast if you get one of these managers!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ignore and move on with your work - it's life and we will see it again and again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes. Pure evil knows no limits.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its Sunday, am I am posting an honest question here. What does an innocent person do when they have been made the target of malicious lies and rumors? How can truth finally be known and the sun allowed to shine on me once again?

Seeking replies from those who walk in goodness, truth and honesty only.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that. If it's your boss making these lies or anyone superior to you, then you are unfortunately screwed (unless you have documentation that disproves their accusations.) If it's a coworker at your level then you need to somehow discredit them with documentation, but it sounds like they are Dbags anyway and may have their head so far up their boss's a$$ that it doesn't matter what you do. Your word doesn't mean a thing now and will only be recovered by physical proof.

Working in this industry you quickly become jaded and it's honestly for the better. Any company will try to take advantage of their employees, and lying is unfortunately common place in order to get an edge. How else did senior leadership get where they are now? Good luck!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That makes at least 2 of us....I say quit ..people who are decent do not spread heresay and rumors or particpate in the like. Friends will always know the truth in the end!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is all you need to know:
    If you don't do as I say / gone
    If you don't make plan / gone
    If you have bad breath / gone
    If you don't kiss my rear / gone
    Of you !!!!!!!!!!! Gone

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why bother to find out if there is a formula to compute who should stay or be gone?

If someone does not want you, why stay?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That someone can change from year to year...

Problem is here, fate can put you under the command of someone who plays. They can have a bud or a new favorite.......you can get the boot to make a haven for that bud.

If you move on to a new manager and can be safe again...It can have nothing to do with anything but this. Look around....some repeat low producers, year after year, get promoted and prosper.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have watched many cattle loaded on the truck for the slaughter house.

The worst part is watching those over 40 because you know good and well life as they know is most likely over forever.

Behind closed doors they have metric and algorithm in place to select the chosen in an effort to reduce litigation.

For the life of me, I cannot grasp how some of these people survive. I do know being a minority or Mormon helps. But some make me scratch my head.

I personally know men with families that have never really worked and just hovered around the middle and never, ever rocked the boat. These are the same men that if told to go in front of the region and eat a bowl of shit, they would not bat and eye. D.M - R.D. says "eat shit" then - I eat shit. This select group of shit eaters tend to survive. Not being mean. Just the reality of working in vanishing industry.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally, if there are truly malicious lies being told and you feel you are being treated unfairly (I mean really unfairly) then I would recommend the Ombudsman's office. At least you have it on record. They can keep it anonymous if you like. Much better than going to HR as they are unfortunately aligned to the managers - they are there to get a job done. its just business

That being said, as mentioned in these posts, if you are really not happy and don't see that changing in the future, then plan for the next career and let them give you a package.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is real simple the ones with their noses so far up their managers ass they can see what he/she is reading are the ones who stay!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ombudsman? Heard that will get you booted out with the next round of layoffs! Beware...unknowing kiddies! This is the rumor!