Best Manager

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is all about metrics and micromanaging. If you are looking to be left alone this isn't the place.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously he doesn't get it, he took the bait

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beat them at their own game. Gave them the metrics, yes'm my many managers to death, and just did what I did. Never missed a quota in 22 yrs. won the awards, trips, etc. and worked 3 days a week max. Hope I can continue 8 more years and get the hell out of this ding dong school, and get a real job.

It's all a stupid game from the top down. They tell us to do stupid, worthless things, you make believe you do them and everyone is none the wiser.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Robin Green was the best manager I ever had. Pfizer lost a great one when he left. I loved my job when I was on his team. He was tough on me and there were days that I didn't particularly care for him but he pushed me to be better than I thought I could ever be. Pfizer had a good crew of managers at one time and just let them walk right out the door. No wonder this place sucks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you, in 8 more years and after 30 years of working for the company, never missing quota-which means you have been compensated well for 22 years so far...are not retired and need to get a real job you may be the dumbest person on the face of the earth with money.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless he's divorced a couple of times!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the most part, the best DMs are in vaccines, many of them former Wyeth DMs. I'd put initials but don't want PFE retaliation against any of them. Good people dealing with the same BS we have to deal with.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best managers are definitely from Wyeth

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hard to hold things against Pfizer DMs. They came up in a time period where everything they pulled out of their bag was best in class and they believed they were good as a result. Wyeth DMs on the other hand had to coach selling skills, influence and working an entire office.

Both a products of their environments so I wouldn't get too down on the PFE drones or too high on the WYE counterparts.

At this point in time, the best mangers were Wyeth DMs who left us. The remaining are often better than the best PFE DM but a pretty poor lot overall.

I need 7 months.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said I needed a job? I want a job doing something I truly like doing, like being the beer and snack guy driving around the golf course, or a big game hunting guide, or teach muff diving to seniors.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well i can definately tell you that its not anne blanton on long island...i work for a doctor and she was in the office with a female rep on her team and all she did was put down the rep in the office in front of the staff and the doctor. it was so bad that the doctor has forbidden this rep back in the office if the manager is with her...she was condesending to the rep and the poor girl almost cried. i have never seen a manager treat a rep like she did so if i have a vote its for her.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccines rocks - the place to be.

When I was there we used 'Customer Focused Selling' and set the world on fire building the very 1st billion dollar vaccine in the world. No old fashioned FAB for us, just flawless execution of 'customer focused selling'.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there back in the day. It wasn't that tough of a sell since it was sole source and had the recommendations. The tough part was managing the shortage when we couldn't make enough of it. Peter Tobar was pulling his hair out trying to manage the VFC and private part of the business. The CFS wasn't selling the product....it was managing the shortage ("I'd love to sell it to you unfortunately I can't since we don't have enough"). The real selling in Vaccines was keeping Orimune going even though IPV got the nod as the vaccine to use. Also selling tetramune for an extra six month's when we were second to market with AcelImune for the primary series. That my friend was real selling. Selling Prevner-piece of cake!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wyeth TRAINED their sales force and management through rigorous training programs that went in phases over a couple of years-not that 2 week crap used by PFE and the others. Wyeth certified on multi-level objection handling, closing, opening, TOTAL office call, Dr. types, product knowledge, firing squad drills, competencies, managing, training, personality developments and so on. Wyeth was an EXCELLENT company.

Those who don't know, don't understand what they don't know. Those who know, know.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex Wyeth here-yes the training was excellent but don't poo poo the training Pfizer used to do back in the day also. From what I understand it was very rigorous, I believe 6 levels and not easy to do. I'm not talking about the post Wyeth merger bulls*t they put us through and subsequently rolled out. Wyeth's training also evolved and was different from 25-30 years ago. If they were still around today I'm sure it would have been even more different. Technology, cost savings, etc, would have reared it's ugly head there also.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was one of the worst but not as bad as the little yellow wonder from PA

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

E. Green on Orange County was a dick and was the worst. Heard he left or got fired. I just hope he left the industry and never have to cross paths again.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just left Pfizer after over 30 years due to one just like that. It was fun while it lasted, but I could ot put up with him any longer. The childish field rides, infantile management, lack of experience for an highly experienced team, and I will never have to listen to those uncomfortable silences on every conference call - by the way is weekly - need I day more. Good luck my pretties, iam am out - sorry to those who are not.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had worse field rides...trust me...they move up not out....sad to say...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone in the industry these days is under extreme pressure because both reps and managers are being scrutinized and this intense micro-management is here to stay. Everyone is just so fearful about keeping their jobs. It all comes down to survival.