KAM Kuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought this was THE job of the future and a safe place to be. Is anything safe here? Who is next on the chopping block?

While I hope nobody makes the list to get cut, my bet is IS. Reasons are vaccines expanding means they no longer need IS help and generic Zyvox is coming soon. What is left for IS after these changes? My bet is another restructuring this year. What do the rest of you think?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is this something like luncheon meat/cold cuts?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Whoooooow! Number 44, that's me!" "Gonna get me some KAM Kuts today!"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About time. This role had great potential when launched back in 2009, but greedy, idiotic and lemming-like RMs ruined it. A small team turned into a large mess led by Pitzel who watered it down to KAM roles. Low numbers of CADs soon became 80-90+ KAMS targeting WAY to many low priority accounts. Tremendously nebulous performance reviews where favoritism was played by Portch and Co. Secondments created that were never posted....the list of BS goes on and on.

Every KAM I know has the best landscaping in their neighborhoods. They have time to kill. Max 5-7 hours worked per week. Making solid comp but adding virtually zero valu in many markets.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RBDs caused all of this, plain and simple. They took a resource that works in advanced markets with advanced customers and deployed it everywhere, in markets where it's just not needed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we keep the KAM scam, no ma'am. Now what will kate do without a kam or two?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell the kam in st louis it's time to fold up the in-ear bluetooth and put it in a 1990s time capsule. it was never meant to be an accessory.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post 4... Bingo. Accurate and true. What is laughable is that in many cities there are 2+ KAMs. Ohio has 5 not counting the ITS roles, I.e, Mimi-KAMs. Instead of deploying the CADs in a highly strategic way, these clowns approved KAMs at a rate without any oversight or pushback. It was a battle for,head count by RMs who we're protecting their butts by thinking increased head count would increase their chances of surviving the next rounds of cuts. Increase head count increase level of importance...so they thought. Flawed thinking that has come back to bite many.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't the KAM RM Role important?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Due to compliance bureaucracy and the resultant fear to take well-conceived risks to grow the business, Pfizer KAMs add very little value vs. the Pharma benchmark. These cuts are long overdue.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO.....and never were. Worthless turds.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are absolutely unnecessary in many markets, and concoct Hollywood style scripts to try and justify their Level 14-16 compensation. I don't know how some of them live with themselves. Charlatans.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you forget to leave the letter "n" out of the word "Kuts"?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

suck it troll

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. It was a brilliant strategy to insure job security for Portch and Pitzel and those one to two levels above them. Think about this: when some news show does an expose on big pharma wastefulness, imagine the fodder they will have after interviewing 5 KAMs, and then their customers. Essentially, we had hundreds of people making over $180,000 ++++ doing the work that 1/3 of them could have done, effectively. So they pushed their lies uphill, and Pitzel and Portch embellish those lies, add on, and push uphill.

The time has come for us to stop the bullshyte and improve efficiency. The damned ACA is really going to rear up this year, and PBMs and major plans will act accordingly. Instead of pushing lies half-truths and taking credit for other's work uphill, they will push decreased profit margin DOWN on us. We're going to have to lose a lot more than this last cut to right-size this time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the laughs and silly conspiracy theories.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They definitely make a shit ton of cash for barely doing a thing

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs, VAMs, RAMs...all a joke and vastly over staffed. Some orgs, and yes, some are well performing big pharma companies, have 10-20 KAMs covering a total of 75-100 accounts nationwide. Contracting is handled by 3-5 people covering large areas of the US. VAMs? Cut me a break.

No doubt Pitzel and Portch sold sr. leadership fallacy after fallacy. On top of it all, the two of them, plus a handful of KAM staff, are speaking at the 2015 Eye For Pharma conference in April. You know what the topic is?...Pfizer's KAM model and how great it is.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the concept isn't bad, how many of them there are was the horrible idea. the constant lies that are told on the value that they bring is laughable. they have done so decent things, but by in large they are totally unnecessary!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the KAM model is a joke then the VAM role is a full feature comedy. That position should come with a mask and gun because they are stealing the company's money. Can someone please explain to me what exactly these people do and why do we have so many of them. Isn't everything they do redundant??? Managed Care-covered by RAM's, State government-we have government people at the states and federal level. County department of healths-can be handled by field level personnel. Thought leaders in hospitals-isn't that the job of hospital folks?? So please-explain to me why they are still around ( and on top of that -making the obscene salaries that they make). When will the ZS and the other consultants that Pfizer use take a look at that role? I don't advocate people losing their jobs-just move them into rep positions. They had an expansion so I'm sure there is room for them.