Women in Leadership

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off Women need to be hired to promote the drug before they can get promoted to leadership positions.

I enjoyed the speech by legal counsel about her experience in the work place. " I failed at my first job because my boss didn't like me because I went on maternity leave and came back with a sick child. Myboss fired me he didn't want to deal with someone with a young family" She proceeded to say" She felt her boss was perfectly in his rights." Did you not get the memo about FMLA inacted in 1993 by president clinton.

She is telling a group of 100 employees this during women in leadership. I was sitting nezxt to my boss who tried to fire during my maternity leave.

GIVE ME A BREAK

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A female lawyer told you this? Very very hard to believe

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Head legal counsel. In a room full of 100 employees. She was talking about a previous job outside of Pfizer. Someone in the audience asked her about any failures. She was working for a judge and was fired for " checking on her baby" "they didn't get along"

She told us he was in his rights.

Its a horrible example of work place discrimination women face and should have been called that. It gives manager the wrong idea about what is acceptable for Pfizer

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For many years there has been a push for women and minorities, sometimes at the expense of the white male. This is fact, saw it first hand

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The horrors! You really think that happened?!

Do you want to know WHY a little favoritism may have been shown? Because from the inception of the company until the lawsuits piled up too high, our beloved company had very, very few women and minorities in the DM position, Marketing spots, much less RM (as they were known back then).

For decades, our company proved incapable of promoting anyone BUT white males (especially from the South) to hospital rep, DM, training, RM. Thats why the Women in Leadership came about in the first place.

Don't give us that crap about "why not promote the best", because we tried it that way, and it failed. As usual, Pfizer was last pharma to the dance to try to promote "others".

And for those that claim that we DID only hire the best way back when, I ask you HOW many GBMs and Sales VPs are left from 10 years ago? Many were displaced under McKinnell and Kindler. Those of us here at HQ know why, too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds positively awful. Judging by the ethnicity and gender of management, it doesnt look like it happened too often.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it was not only Pfizer. A 60-year old woman here with 33 years in the industry with one big pharma company. We women were hired in the late 70's, early 80's due to "affirmative action" because it was an "all white male team" across every big pharma company. We never heard about the jobs, they (hospital jobs) just went to "family men" period. Then came the early 90....'s so, when they say there were not good women...nepotism, nepotism, nepotism...that was how it was. People who were "stellar sales " were a threat. There was so much jealousy. I would never do pharma again; the benes were good but that was about it. I feel sorry for the younger bunch.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it happens and fact is it is not always the best person for the job. I agree male dominated years ago, but the affirmative action puts race and gender first over skills. You may not want to hear this but it s true

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like women to rise above the glass ceiling so I can look up!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Race and gender were put over skills before affirmative action. There was a time when it was a good ol' white boys club here at Pfizer above the rank of territory rep, 'specially from the Carolinas, Virginny, 'nd 'bama. They all gone now, though.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, but it has swung the other way and still is not necessarily the best person for the job. Conducted many interviews where regional was looking for minority or female and this contined for promotions

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see.. ya gotta "make it fair now", because of stuff that happened years ago. People who were in diapers when the good ol' boys club was around now have to put up with the "people and culture" bs. I guess there is an upside to so many people who have been artificially placed on their pedestals. They are dumb as rocks and it is easy to get the job done by working around them

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, "it wasn't fair" before, so now we make it "not fair" in a different way? This issue beautifully illustrates how flawed and limited human perceptual awareness can be.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are disgusting...have you SEEN some of the women who have risen above the glass celing???

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and one wears a butt plug for her superpowers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its swung the other way? Really? Name me two Hispanic upper-level Sales Managers or one Black marketing director team leader. We have many dozens of both positions, surely there must be, oh, about 4 or 5 of each, right?

You act as a if the good ol boy network ended in the 70s. It still exists today. As recently as years ago I sat on series of round robin interviews, and watched minority candidates get dumped ..... but everyone clamoring to hire people whose resumes were in the yellow folders ("political" hires from HQ). Guess the ethnicity of the people of every yellow folder (of those I HAD to interview) that came across my desk?

Your old way of hiring only white men is over. We have never ever hired "the best", just the most politically hooked up. Forbes Magazine exposed our dirty underwear for the world to see.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, I knew all those guys. Bob White and the rest of the crew. Pfizer was actually one of the last companies to start hiring women. While many other companies (like Merck, Parke Davis, Marion, AZ, started to hire women in the eighties, Pfizer had a few, but really started hiring a bunch of skirts in the 90's.

There are very few of those women left at Pfizer. Most of which are in their 50's now. Pfizer managed to get rid of most of the older women during lay offs and firings. The left a few, just to prove a court wrong if they have to.

As for the message this female laywer sent.....sounds like she has worked her share of Pfizer discrimination cases where Pfizer has settled. She is sending a message which states. "don't sue us if your manager fires you due to maternity or child issues; they have every right". I call BS on her. It's called Discrimination and you have every right to SUE. This woman was WRONG to say that her previous manager had every right. And I bet, if one dug deep into her history, they may find that even She tried to due.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, this demonstrates how poor Pfizer has been in the past and present with their hiring practices

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah - You want to know the real fact? When the above horrible atrocities were occurring -- Pfizer was one of the most profitable and successful companies in America -- Now.....NOT SO MUCH! Do the math you feminist bitch